fee
10-03-2002, 08:48 AM
fee (floyd) (10/03/02)
----------------------
+ version 4.2.15
New Features:
GuildMgr Class
captures guilds2.dat from worldserver
reads the regular eq client guilds2.dat (File->Reload Guilds File)
dump a plain text list of guild id to guild tag (Debug->List/Dump Guild Info)
filter and category support for spawnlists(regex on 'Guild:')
map tip support
spawnlog support, guild id added as last field in the output
Updates:
random clean ups
new guildlist structs
updated charprofilestruct
spells.h regenerated from current spells_en.txt
applied patch[604874] - thanks to Bonkers D Bobcat (bonkersbobcat)

---------------------------------
Info for the FAQ

Inorder for Showeq to map guild ID to guild Tag the guilds2.dat file must be present in the LOGDIR (e.g. /usr/local/share/showeq/ )

Showeq can capture this data from the world server and write the file. To do this, have Showeq running at the World Select Menu and the guilds2.dat file will be captured while waiting at the Character Select Screen.

Optionally you can copy this file from your EQ Client directory to your Showeq directory.

The guilds2.dat file will be read into memory 1) when the file is captured from the worldserver or 2) File -> Reload Guilds File.

The Guilds2.dat can be viewed in plain text by using the 2 options on the Debug menu, Dump/List Guild Info. Dump Guild Info will write LOGDIR/guilds.txt by default, can be overriden in the config file.

To Filter on a Guild Tag use the regex 'Guild:' (e.g. Guild:Legacy) You can do this in the Find box or by category

Please add this info to the FAQ.

Enjoy :)

Fee

baelang
10-16-2002, 06:13 PM
I know you get tired of seeing all the "yay! thanks!" posts in the announcement section, but i really must chime in this time.

The guild manager and guild filtering is awesome. thank you.

Awesome work everyone!

loiloi
10-22-2002, 01:54 PM
I'm having a problem compiling. I'm wondering if maybe I'm not retrieving files from the correct CVS repository? I had to add the guild.cpp file manually to the makefile, and I'm getting a make error now: "undefined reference to 'vtable for GuildMgr'. The error is in the constructors and destructors (GuildMgr::GuildMgr [in-charge/not-in-charge/in-charge deleting]) in guild.o

Any help would be appreciated.

high_jeeves
10-22-2002, 01:58 PM
Perhps you could find help in the help forum? (I know, its crazy).

--Jeeves

loiloi
10-22-2002, 02:03 PM
Well I haven't really figured this out, but I guess I fixed it. I figured the v in vtable was virtual, and noticed the m_*.cpp files, so I used the ZoneMgr.cpp entries in the Makefile as a reference and did the same with Guild.cpp. Anyone care to enlighten me on what these "meta" files are?