PDA

View Full Version : Map display problems...

Yendor
12-31-2001, 05:06 PM
Ummm I just rebuilt everything several times trying different stuff to try to help people and I finally sat down to do some work on showeq to feed my showeq data mining project :). Only now the map display isn't showing any dots for spawns, the velocity lines are there ok on each spawn.... but no spawn dots...

Oh I suppose I may have screwed something up, but all my local mods are in packet.cpp, not in any gui files.

Any ideas anyone, guess I will debug it, but seems quite odd...

It was working a couple days ago

*EDIT the spawn dots appear to be showing as black, i can see them crossing the grid marks... going to go check how qt does color, maybe I need a color definition file that isn't installed or something.

Yendor
12-31-2001, 06:13 PM
Oh that was creepy.

The problem disappeared. So never mind.

I tracked it down to the brush color being black when drawing spawns, the was checking out the con-color table filling procedure, next compile everything worked.... removed all my debugging code back down to the original version of the code and everything still worked.

That is just freaky. I hate it when computers do that.

wackamole
01-01-2002, 12:02 PM
I'm having the same problem. Got the latest from CVS as of 1/1/2002. It happened with something in the CVS update as of yesterday, 12/31/2001. Where should I check for the problem? ATM I set the map background color to something other than black so I can see the squares.

I'm trying a complete rebuild to see if it fixes the prob.

Zaphod
01-01-2002, 12:10 PM
You should always do a complete rebuild after a CVS update, otherwise you will see unpredictable behavior. Just a word of warning.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

wackamole
01-01-2002, 12:30 PM
Yeah, guess you're right. I'll see if the clean make fixes the problemo.

Curious though, doesn't the makefile do header dependencies?

Also, while I'm posting I had a build problem with experiencelog.cpp. It's probably not a showeq coding problem. I'm using the latest GCC3 which I got via CVS. It might be an experimental version. Anyway, I get a wierd internal compiler error trying to built that file in AddExperienceRecord(). I needed to re-arrange the code a little bit in there to fix it.

winseq
01-01-2002, 02:45 PM
Nope, no header dependancies...