PDA

View Full Version : I can't get mapping functions to work

fastduke
10-24-2002, 03:38 PM
...for me. I've made maps before, using Ctrl-L and Ctrl-P to draw lines. A couple of versions ago it stopped working for me, or appears to have stopped. The Ctrl-L and Ctrl-P are still there on the Edit sub-menu when I right click on the map. But whether I use the menu or keyboard shortcuts I can't get it to work. I did a search on "map" but couldn't find an answer. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Mr. Suspicious
10-24-2002, 03:56 PM
Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Set the line color _before_ starting the line?

fastduke
10-24-2002, 04:56 PM
Yes, I've tried that. It says I'm using a gray line.

But I'm creating (null) colored lines. How do I change that?

Mr. Suspicious
10-24-2002, 05:00 PM
Create the lines, save the map, then edit the map with a texteditor and change those (null)'s to colors. (I always do maps manually)

Catt
10-24-2002, 10:14 PM
start your line with Ctrl-L

use dialog to set line colour

add points with Ctrl-P

Unless you want to change colours, you don't need to set the colour for the next line, just start the new line (Ctrl-L).

fastduke
10-25-2002, 03:59 AM
Thanks guys. I've been doing maps with SEQ for the last 2 years or so. Not sure what changed in the last few months but for some reason Ctrl-L and Ctrl-P are creating (null) color lines for me, even though the line dialog says "gray".

Catt
10-25-2002, 02:55 PM
After starting a line and setting a colour, you might try saving your preferences (Ctrl-S or File, Save Preferences).

The only thing I can think of that really changed recently that could effect this is the conversion to XML preferences.

From showeq.xml:

<section name="MapMgr" >
<property name="DefaultLineColor" >
<string value="gray" />
</property>
<property name="DefaultLineName" >
<string value="line" />
</property>
</section>

Now to dig into the code and find the defaults for new locations...