PDA

View Full Version : Windows based Proggy to make maps.

Tele
10-25-2002, 04:17 PM
--the php script does .map -> .png conversion--

I am able to convert maps from seq directory to make them work in xylobot. What i am looking for is something that i can cut and paste a set of loc's (from my log files) into to make a line, and eventually a map. Is there a windows based proggy capable of doing this?

high_jeeves
10-25-2002, 04:32 PM
No.

--Jeeves

bonkersbobcat
10-25-2002, 05:10 PM
That is a pretty good idea though. Set up hot keys for /loc and a couple of /emotes (like /em starts a line, /em ends a line.) Walk around pressing the hot keys, mapping stuff out. Write a perl script (or any language you like) that searches the log file for the emotes and /loc output and builds the appropriate map data.

Azerael
10-25-2002, 06:20 PM
Vaslin of Tarew Marr and Safehouse fame had started to write a program that did something similar, but I don't think he ever released it to the general public. I think between keeping EQCaster up to date and his quest compendium he didn't have time to finish the functionality of it.

arantius
10-25-2002, 06:37 PM
Took no more than google and ten seconds to find:

http://www.visi.com/~abc/eqmaps.htm

Tele
10-25-2002, 08:05 PM
YOU ARE THE BEST. Been looking for 6 months. Now to turn rar into .map.

Appreciate the help

Tele

S_B_R
10-25-2002, 11:27 PM
I feel sorry for people that can spend 6 months looking for something and never open thier eyes...

Tele
10-25-2002, 11:55 PM
There is always one who has to try to be a pesamist. (that was nice) It may not be that one does not open eyes, but maybe one is not familure with the termanology needed to find what they are looking for. I don't understand why one who has nothing constructive to say to help has to post. These boards are supposed to be community helping community. Thats what showeq is all about. Its a shame that some peeps have no way of feeling better about their own lifes unless they are TRYING to bring someone elses life lower. I will pray for you my friend.

smoothielover
10-26-2002, 10:48 AM
dude its a map site.......who would do this kind of stuff.. a person whos making maps

2 + 2 = dont think about it geta calculator