PDA

View Full Version : Decoding not working?

Terek
01-02-2002, 01:21 AM
For some reason decoding hasn't been working for me in version 4, either with the libeq just posted yesterday or the last one. I'm using the currect CVS tree. I'm getting spawns showing on map but unknown. I've fixed main.cpp so that it is using libeq.a (at least I think I have). m_pDecode->DecodePacket is consistently returning 0. Any ideas? I thought that since decoding is supposed to be supported again it wouldn't be too hard to get going, but since it's still disabled in main.cpp maybe there's something else I need to know in order to make it work?

IcewraithUK
01-02-2002, 02:26 AM
Well, I haven't changed anything from the default CVS download and make, and I also get unknown spawns - not even an attempt to decode them. However - forges and klin's etc. all show up, so I think it's doing something...

Any ideas what I need to do to get the decode working again?

Zaphod
01-02-2002, 06:29 AM
Terek, are you sure you grabbed the ShowEQ v4.x sources (from the showeq module, the linux module is OBSOLETE). Packet decoding is not disabled in main.cpp in ShowEQ 4.0.

IcewraithUK,
from this and your other posts it sound very much like you are having the same issue of trying to use the old ShowEQ.

both of you, what's it say when you do

showeq --version

And what does the AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE line in configure.in say?

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dophaZ)

Spaz
01-02-2002, 01:26 PM
I've found decoding to be very slow in some zones.

Tox decoded virtually instantly, while Hole never decoded (over an hour in zone) and Paineel never decoded (over an hour there).

No errors or anything - just no decode.

Clean RH72, PIII850 128MB RAM.

Only one instance of libEQ.a, the one from the instruction post.

Terek
01-02-2002, 01:31 PM
Ah I grabbed the linux src. Thank you very much.

casey
01-02-2002, 01:43 PM
spaz, make something spawn, and you'll find the decode happening a lot quicker. That is why newbie type zones, and zones where things are bing killed all the time will decode much faster than city zones, and other zones where not much is spawning.

IcewraithUK
01-03-2002, 02:04 AM
Aha! I did a cvs co linux, and it seems I should have done a cvs co showeq! Thanks, it works now :)

Override
01-03-2002, 01:59 PM
with the lib posted on 12/31. The zone seems to decode almost before my eq box has finished loading my char. It used to somtimes take several minutes even after having zoned in before everything decoded. Now.. it's pratically instant

O~!