PDA

View Full Version : Probably a simple mistake, but could use some help.

Seeker
10-29-2002, 04:44 PM
I have searched the message board a few different ways but have not seen anyone else with this problem so I assume its a mistake on my part somehow. I have been using filters for quite a while and have gotten the usage down pretty well, I can tag the mobs I want as Alert, Caution or whatever and it always seems to function correctly.

Here's the problem. In Maiden's Eye all the mobs in the zone appear as Caution mobs, they all have the yellow circle and when I get near them it draws a line to them. With the mob density in this zone it makes pulling almost impossible using seq because it looks like you are in the center of a moving spider web. I slowly removed filtered mobs trying to get it to stop by putting # in front of the references to them. Nothing seems to work. I finally have it at the point now where all the mobs in all the catagories in the filter have # in front of them so nothing will show up at all with a circle around it. None of this has worked the entire zone is still flashing yellow circles around every mob.

I did make sure to reload after making changes. I have also logged out of SEQ and logged the character out just to make sure there was nothing latent in there. I also searched to make sure there was only one instance of filters_maiden.conf on the system so that I wasn't accidentally editing the wrong one. I tried editing from within SEQ and also by finding the file under Nautilus' tree and modifiying it with GeEdit and saving to see if that helped. So far nothing has. I am sure it is just some small syntax mistake on my part, any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.