PDA

View Full Version : decompression test

Spook
11-10-2002, 03:17 PM
Here is a small Win32 .exe I made while testing the decompression I am using at the moment. It decompresses an image resource from about 140K back to over 3M and then displays it on a rotating cube.

The point of the test was to complete where I left off a few years ago. That was, using a fast decompressor on the zone files. I see zlib is being used in SEQ while I opted for the lzo libs. In light of keeping the code base from growing and trying to be consistant I will test this with zlib.

Yeah yeah it is an .exe. Try or not, your choice. Source is available on request but it was just test code for the deompressor. If you do dl and run it, please let me know if it chokes or seems slow initially. Barebones gl test should run np on that cards from the last few years (the texture is 1Kx1K). ESC gets out of it.

I'm updating my design plan. Part of it is working our a few milestones. The last core dev I was working through (CPPHack - great guy, sad to not see him around) suggested small updates so I'll go along with that as well as small tidbits in Win32 like this then port to Linux etc.

click here for w32 lzo decompression test (http://mywebpages.comcast.net/spook_seq/seqglmt.zip)