PDA

View Full Version : Increases in segfaulting with recent CVS

vylesilencer
01-05-2002, 09:04 PM
I skipped a couple CVS updates, but did update as of today (Jan 05, 10PM EST) and I am experiencing much more segfaulting. Very few zones remain stable, any zones with more than 20-30 players in it will segfault immediately upon attempt of decrypt.

I don't know how to provide information about the segfault but I am more than happy to contribute information if someone will tell me how..

Thank you for all your hard work,

Zaphod
01-06-2002, 12:17 AM
Did you make sure to do a 'make clean' or 'make maintainer-clean' after doing the cvs update. If not I would suggest you do so, and rebuild everything.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Catt
01-06-2002, 01:21 AM
I updated recently as well.

I did a 'make clean' before building, and have noticed a few, not a lot, seg. faults.

I have not been able to narrow anything down yet, I've been in many zones (travel a lot, all over, inc. Luclin), some with 100+ players, some empty, without trouble.

Most recently sitting in Qeynos Hills for about 8 hours (forEverCamping) it ran fine before a seg. faulted, camp, come back, ran fine for a number of hours more. No rhyme or reason I could see.

fryfrog
01-06-2002, 01:37 AM
are you using "co linux" or "co showeq"?

vylesilencer
01-06-2002, 03:41 AM
I am using co showeq, definitely 4.0

Was not doing a make clean prior to make -f Makefile.dist

So upon a fresh cvs update..

make clean
make -f Makefile.dist
./configure
make
make install

Is that correct??

vylesilencer
01-06-2002, 12:58 PM
After the make clean I am still segfaulting. Did about 30 zone load attempts on Greater Fay (with 75 players) and couldnt decrypt a single time. Segfault everytime. This was NOT happening for me with the Jan 01 CVS. I had Greater Fay decrypting just fine and rarely segfaulted..

I have verified my libEQ.a md5sum, system is a very clean RH7.2, I followed very closely the instructions in the RH7.2 users thread. All this system does is showeq :0

Please someone assist.