PDA

View Full Version : libEQ and SEQ snapshot DL question

cmore
01-05-2002, 10:13 PM
Can someone verify that the downloads at http://www.krisp.com/new/snapshot.php are valid? I md5'd the libEQ.a file and came up with something different than what is posted in announcements and in yendor's install guide.

Yendor
01-05-2002, 10:20 PM
It was Zaphod's guide, not mine.

If you want to be safe then always get the source from CVS and make sure your md5 of libEQ matches the version listed on the front page.

Zaphod
01-05-2002, 10:55 PM
I have a guide, but I do not forward anyone to the krisp.com snapshot stuff. Lately krisp's site has been tending to be out of date (hence why it was removed as a dowload site from README.libEQ by casey).

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

cmore
01-07-2002, 09:25 AM
Thanks. I apologize for the inaccuracy. Had been at this a while and was kind of tired when I made this post.

KennySP
01-07-2002, 09:35 AM
I've got an automated script running now that downloads and tar.gz's the source from CVS at 12:05AM EST daily.

You can get the tarball at http://aleph.atecgroup.com/~chrisf/showeq/index.html

If the tarball is more than a day old it means my computer was in windows at 12:05AM EST the night before (probably playing Counterstrike or EQ)

KennySP

Ratt
01-07-2002, 11:28 AM
Sourceforge is the only "Official" place to get the ShowEQ sourcecode. If you get it from anywhere else, we can't support you or be responsible for what you end up with.

Ratt
01-07-2002, 03:11 PM
Repost of KennySP's message I accidentally nuked. *Note to self: Move edit button to top of message*

In the spirit of open source:

The script I use to get this code is:

#!/bin/bash
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous:@cvs.seq.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/seq co showeq
rm -f showeq.tar.gz
tar -cvf showeq.tar showeq
gzip showeq.tar
ncftpput -u <USERNAME> -p <PASSWORD> <YOUR DOMAIN> /path/to/showeq showeq.tar.gz
echo "<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>ShowEQ CVS</TITLE></HEAD><BODY>" > index.html
echo "<A HREF=\"showeq.tar.gz\">ShowEQ.tar.gz</A> created " >> index.html
date >> index.html
echo "<BR>The md5sum of the tarball is: " >> index.html
md5sum showeq.tar.gz >> index.html
echo "</BODY></HTML>" >> index.html
ncftpput -u <USERNAME> -p <PASSWORD> <YOUR DOMAIN> /path/to/showeq index.html

That script is called MirrorCVS.sh and is located in /root

I add the following to my crontab to make it run daily:

5 0 * * * bash /root/MirrorCVS.sh >/dev/null 2>&1

This is done for my own ease of use, if others find it useful, so be it. The *BEST* way of getting ShowEQ is directly via CVS as Ratt says. I'm just firewalled from CVS at the office.

I'm not trying to say that I'm an official source, I'm not trying to say this is the best place to get it. All I am saying is that if you need a tarball of the latest source for some reason it's available at that souce.

Is there any service on Sourceforge that allows daily creation of tarball releases?

KennySP