PDA

View Full Version : SEQ 4 Crash at Startup w/o Error Msg

serberus
01-06-2002, 02:53 PM
I've just put a fresh install of redhat 7.2 and followed the instructions zaphod has posted, I used the precompiled RPMs and I only installed the RPMs the shell script said were missing (not all the RPMs that were listed in the cd 2 section).

I didn't see any errors during any stage of compilation and it seems to be configured correctly yet it simply doesn't load when I try to run it.

There is a lot of activity when it tries to load but then it just disppears of the application bar and refuses to start.

Is this a documented problem?

I've looked through the previous posts and haven't noticed anything along these lines.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Serberus

serberus
01-07-2002, 02:38 PM
I fixed the problem, very simple really.

I wasn't running SEQ from a terminal so I didn't see the error it was giving (till I ran it from a terminal) and the MAC address was incorrect because I put the hyphens '-' in the address, so if you're getting any strange crashes check this and/or run it from a terminal so it has somewhere to output errors.

Serberus

E\/i|_2\^/iN
01-16-2002, 08:36 AM
I'm getting a segmentation fault / core dump as soon as I try to run SEQ now. I had it working earlier but it was randomly crashing anyways after it had finished loading the zone.

How can I find out what's killing it?