PDA

View Full Version : Segfaulting on zones with high player count

vylesilencer
01-07-2002, 06:24 AM
This was NOT happening to me with the Jan 01 CVS. After updating to the recent CVS I am now segfaulting on every zone that has more than a few (no idea the count, but 30 tries plus on greater fay with no decrypt) players in it.

For the update of my code I did a "co showeq"

Then..
make clean
make -f Makefile.dist
./configure
make
make install

Is there anyway for me to revert back to the Jan 01 CVS? Is there anyway for me to fix this? Is this happening to anyone else? This problem is ongoing now for a few days, its clearly something to do with player count in the zone. Upon zone transition, showeq loads the map, then starts to populate the spawns (grey dots) then whammo, seg fault, before my player is in the zone. Then I can re-fire up showeq, F1 to point to the map and have all unknown spawns for that zone. New spawns are NOT decrypted.

crazdefool
01-07-2002, 07:10 AM
I dont think it has anything to do with the number of players.
I am experiencing the exact behavior you are (segfaulting half way through populating the map).
Casey is looking at a backtrace of mine.

BlueAdept
01-07-2002, 09:04 AM
You can check out any version of the SEQ source in the cvs by using the -D option (you have to specify the date of the source you want).

You can also use the -r for a certain revision if you dont know the date that you want.

casey
01-07-2002, 09:10 AM
you can use cvs co showeq -r TAG

where tag is some tagged version of showeq

or you can do

cvs co showeq -D date-string

to get the repository from a specific date. date-string can be thins like "January 1", "yesterday", "now", "01/01/2001" etc

also, when updating your cvs, from within the checked out dir (showeq), just do cvs -z3 update

you only need to to a co to obtain a working directory, after you have that you can just update from within it to stay current.

vylesilencer
01-08-2002, 08:00 PM
Wahoo! Responses! Thank you guys so much, I am so terribly frustrated. SEQ is segfaulting on most zones but working perfectly on some.. *boggle* I will try the commands you have recommended to go back to the CVS which worked for me..

If there is anything I can provide, please let me know I can make it segfault ANYTIME by simply logging in a mule in gayfay, so if you want a coredump or something, just post exactly what I need to do and I'll be happy to help out.

Thanks again!