PDA

View Full Version : Minor issue...

JackDaRipper
12-18-2001, 09:43 PM
Any idea what might cause SEQ to not find the libEQ.a file? Is there anything you need to do besides put it in one of your lib path directories (/usr/lib or /usr/local/lib)? It keeps telling me it cant find the file, even though i can sit and ls -al /usr/local/lib and look at it... i seem to remember there being a cache you could update with ldconfig but that doesnt seem to help either. I've checked the MD5 and also redownloaded a copy of the file from smurfette.trifocus.net still no go... this is driving me nuttier. Also, which directory should we be using from the cvs since both have updated CHANGES files.

awhamilt
12-19-2001, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by JackDaRipper
Any idea what might cause SEQ to not find the libEQ.a file? Is there anything you need to do besides put it in one of your lib path directories (/usr/lib or /usr/local/lib)? It keeps telling me it cant find the file, even though i can sit and ls -al /usr/local/lib and look at it... i seem to remember there being a cache you could update with ldconfig but that doesnt seem to help either.

Updating the cache only works for shared libraries. libEQ.a is a statically-linked library. Note that as such, you can't just add in libEQ.a after building SEQ and think that it will work -- you'll have to rebuild SEQ after installing libEQ.a.

What is the exact error message you're seeing?

crazdefool
12-20-2001, 07:22 AM
I have the same problem.. the last few lines of the output from configure:

checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking for libXext... yes
checking for libpng... -lpng -lz -lm
checking for Qt... yes
>> Found version.: 2.3.0
>>> Headers......: /usr/lib/qt-2.3.0/include/
>>>> Libraries...: /usr/lib/qt-2.3.0/lib/
>>>>> Workable...: -*{ YES }*-
checking for Qt MOC... yes
checking if Qt compiles without flags... no
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
checking for pcap_open_live in -lpcap... yes
checking for gdImageCreate in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd... yes
checking for inflate in -lz... yes
checking for gdbm_open in -lgdbm... yes
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... c++ -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for deque.h... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking for ProcessPacket in -lEQ... no
configure: error: libEQ.a not found. Be sure libEQ.a is already installed in /

(i assume the last line was truncated...)

did a whereis libEQ.a to get:

# whereis libEQ.a
libEQ: /usr/local/lib/libEQ.a

md5sum (dont think its a problem at this point)

# md5sum /usr/local/lib/libEQ.a
8da5608635e69205807fbf6e41e9bc2f /usr/local/lib/libEQ.a

Any help would be appreciated..

Crazed foo

monster69
12-20-2001, 07:46 AM
Check to make sure /usr/local/lib is in your path statement. It should be but it looks as if your path may have gotten messed up.

crazdefool
12-20-2001, 07:57 AM
Its in the path :(

crazdefool
12-20-2001, 08:02 AM
just read in another forum we gotta checkout module showeq instead of linux.. thats my problem.. now i need gcc 3..

Thanks

wizard
12-20-2001, 10:23 AM
good luck getting it.. i think every SEQ user in the world is trying to do the same thing.. the trolltech site barely gets me 200k of the QT file before disconnecting and retrying..

-Paul

crazdefool
12-20-2001, 11:07 AM
well.. its coming in. but only 3k /sec.. im running in a shell from work via my home linux box so i dont care how long it takes.. i just hope im compiled by the time i get home..

wizard
12-20-2001, 11:08 AM
of course i still have the gcc3.0 to go another 9 meg i think it was ;)

wizard
12-20-2001, 11:10 AM
actually i think i will just wait till tomorrow bring a blank CD to work and grab it over the T3 and burn it.. i'd rather play and the 3.12 version still works for me for the most part..

-Paul

grimjack
12-20-2001, 12:12 PM
I am having the same problem with the libEQ.a. I checked out the correct version of the CVS however. QT2.3.2 is installed and GCC 3.0 is as well. I've updated my Library path multiple times and I have moved the libEQ.a around to various directorys such as /lib /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib.

Thanks for your help
GrimJack