PDA

View Full Version : Preliminary struct/opcode fixes

Ratt
01-09-2003, 08:03 PM
Applied mvern's patch to source tree for temporary fixes. More investigation necessary, but should keep everyone up and running.

datadog
01-09-2003, 10:36 PM
/bow mvern

YOU ROCK !!

guice
01-09-2003, 10:51 PM
Yes it does .. Thank you Ratt. /bow

cs001
01-09-2003, 11:35 PM
I updated seq via CVS, I get map doors unknown spawns and myself, basically GPS.
Curious as to weather I just suck at "search", or if its not supposed to be decoding or even showing moving objects except me?
Also when I send keyring decode to seq it gives INVALID PACKET BAD CRC32 BLAH BLAH.
Not asking for help just want to know what was and wasnt fixed.

cbreaker
01-09-2003, 11:51 PM
It works as good as it did before the patch as far as I can tell. Full spawns etc.

Make sure you've updated your sniffer with the new offsets.

seqcleric
01-10-2003, 12:08 AM
Thanks a ton ratt and Mvern!
You guys own!

seqcleric
01-10-2003, 12:15 AM
Sorry to bother, but does this mean we simply need to remove seq, and then run the CVS again or do we still need to manually apply the patch?
Thanks!

cs001
01-10-2003, 12:34 AM
After trying everything everything I could think of, I compiled a newer code of the key sniffer and it worked fine /shrug.

As for patching and CVS... I delete the entire showeq directory each and every time I update seq. Have to reconfig but saves me the trouble of wondering if I did something wrong or if a file was or wasnt replaced. You can either apply the patch or just update from CVS.

Works great, thanks for the pretty colors.

datadog
01-10-2003, 01:30 AM
Mine works fine... all i did was update the CVS and put the new offset (in the Keysniffer forum)...

A few minor bugs (spells not working right, etc..).. but mostly its gooooood...

I LOVE SKITTLES !!

seqcleric
01-10-2003, 03:44 AM
cs001
I did what you said and smoked everything on the system pertaining to Seq, CVS'd again, and voila! Thanks very much for your patience.

LordCrush
01-10-2003, 03:47 AM
Works great - Woot

Thank you :)

tbs_os
01-10-2003, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by cs001
I updated seq via CVS, I get map doors unknown spawns and myself, basically GPS.
Curious as to weather I just suck at "search", or if its not supposed to be decoding or even showing moving objects except me?
Also when I send keyring decode to seq it gives INVALID PACKET BAD CRC32 BLAH BLAH.

I get same things here.. Did a clean CVS update and compiled, but getting alot of errors:

ProcessPacket() Inflate Error: inflateRes=-3 msg=unknown compression method
Warning: Failed to decrypt queued Player Profile packet: 0.

So just working as a GPS atm.

Mr. Suspicious
01-10-2003, 06:08 AM

Read the man's post!

Applied mvern's patch to source tree for temporary fixes. More investigation necessary, but should keep everyone up and running.

So what was fixed: Read mvern's patch (hint: Link on the top right of the forum with the cryptic name: patches

What wasn't fixed: Anything else

Hobo
01-10-2003, 07:33 AM
Mr. Suspicious did you even bother to click on that "patches" link before you spewed out that nasty comment? Becuase if you did you would have noticed that clicking that link does NOT bring up Mvern's patch. The latest patch available via that link is dated 01/05/2003. So maybe before you start acting high and mighty you can take the time to at least make sure your comments are correct.

Hobo

domesticbeer
01-10-2003, 08:45 AM
Good try Hobo. Did you happen to modify the drop down box so that it reads "closed" then try your search in the patches section and quess what you get to see what mvern posted.

Please dont flame when you cant do a search yourself.

Virusmaster
01-10-2003, 11:46 AM
/sigh

Gonna send all of you to your rooms if you don't behave!

... nevermind, you're probably there already :(

Hobo
01-10-2003, 11:46 AM
Thank you for slapping me back into reality. And justifiably so. However, I do wonder why the patch is considered "closed" when other older patches are considered "open"? Obviously there is something I don't understand about the process. And damn...nothing in the FAQ about it either. And double-damn a search brings up nothing to tell me about the patch page. Ah well. Next time I will ignore flames that I see. But it WOULD be nice to know what constitutes an "open" patch vs a "closed" patch since the term "open" makes me think "current"...patch, as opposed to current CVS.

fryfrog
01-10-2003, 11:55 AM
i think it is meant more in the sense of a trouble ticket. an open patch has not been applied to the source, so it is still open to be used/modifed.

a closed patch would already have been applied to the source so there would be no reason to get that patch and try to apply it. see what i mean?

S_B_R
01-10-2003, 01:17 PM
You'd probably find *Patches* in the Sourceforge FAQ or perhaps the CVS FAQ...

Samefudge
01-10-2003, 03:45 PM
Think of it like a trouble ticket, and you'll have it. And just like trouble tickets, a resolution doesn't always mean fixed.

cs001
01-12-2003, 08:02 AM
I dont like being flamed :(

cbreaker
01-12-2003, 02:28 PM
I looked back in the thread, and I didn't see any flames. Unless maybe "Thanks a bunch for the help!" is also now considered a flame. Pretty soon saying "I agree completely" will be considered a flame too =)

who_me_use_seq
01-14-2003, 09:13 AM
cbreaker, you are an ignorant asshole for making this post. You are obviously too stupid to continue converting oxygen and various carbon compounds into useable energy and assorted byproducts. I expect that, at any moment, you will implode as the mass of your ignorance reaches some sort of critical threshold.

(There you go. Now there is a flame)

(The content of this message is provided as a service to the comunity, and is, in no way, meant to reflect in a negative fashion on the actual intellect of cbreaker, who is clearly a concerned person who wishes for the flame icons to be applied in a fair and equitable fashion)

KaL
01-15-2003, 02:52 PM
How about taking the discussion to the other areas?

They really should disallow non-moderators from posting here, period.

This is an ANNOUNCEMENT AREA.

old_fart
01-16-2003, 09:41 AM
Has anyone looked at the changes since the 1-15 patch?