PDA

View Full Version : Help with installing RPM under SUSE 7.2

leko
01-09-2002, 01:50 AM
Hiya,

I'm running a "clean" install of SUSE 7.2, tried installing all the RPMs needed to get SEQ running, however all the versions I've found require rpm 4+ to install, and SUSE ships 3.0.6...

I cannot get RPM to install, it complains about dependancies on Basesystem, Shadow_Utils, and Libdb.so.2. I cannot find this rpms anywhere, or references to what these are...

anyone know where I can find these or versions that I can install on a clean system?

I've tried downloading all the patches for RPM from 3.0.6 to the latest and installing them in turn, but get dependancy errors and now RPM barely runs since it had partally successfull installs...

Malloc_i
01-10-2002, 04:11 PM
I know this is not the reply that you are looking for - but I tried for two days to get my Suse 7.2 install to build the new SEQ. I had no luck.

I finally went out and purchased a set of 7.3 installation CD's (since Suse no longer provides the ISO's for Intel).

After about two hours of Suse 7.3 install and following the RedHat 7.2 instructions - I was up and running with the new SEQ.

If this is NOT an option at all for you (it was a hard decision for me) - I will gladly disclose any of the issues that I did have... Maybe together we can figure it out.

Malloc_i

leko
01-10-2002, 06:45 PM
hmmm,

I'll look at 7.3, was sorta hoping not to have to upgrade this soon, but it's a possibility, especially since I just destroyed Linux again last night trying...

maybe I can download and install from the download...

I'll do some research...

Thanks