PDA

View Full Version : Libeq and mandrake problem

ladybat
01-09-2002, 08:59 AM
having been on vacation for the past 2 or so weeks
I am a little behind...

Ive read alot of the posts but have 2 questions...

1) where can one obtain a updated libeq...I have the one that was only up a short while but I here there is an update?

and

2)

I am having difficulty ( as my husband wont help me lol HE understands linux but says I have to get help on my own....)in getting the qt 2.3.2 installed under mandrake.

I have wgeted the file from trolltech with no problem but am having difficulty ( since most of the help files are for redhat) in figuring out out to compile it with threads and install it...

can anyone give me some straight tips on how to deal with the qt file so I cna get it installed....I cna do the cvs etc etc ok after that...

Thank you!!!

Michelle aka ladybat out

ladybat
01-09-2002, 09:34 AM
I found the libeq ok...but I still am having difficulty in following exactly how to install
the qt 2.3.2 under mandrake.

I haev seen some posts where people say mandrake 8.1 is pretty much ready to go out of the box....

most of the help posts are for redhat.......

I just need to know how to compile the qt2.3.2 undermandrake so I cna get it installed ..I "think" I can do the rest....

anyone out there willing to show me what to do after I have wgeted the tar file of qt?

thank you

michelle aka ladybat out

Yendor
01-09-2002, 12:24 PM
The instructions for compiling qt 2.3.2 are generic for about any platform. Just follow the instructions posted around, or just follow the instructions that come with the qt tarball. Only thing to be careful of is to not install it over a version of qt already installed on your system as that would break other applications.

Also make sure you have gcc v3.x installed, that version must be used when compiling qt otherwise it will not work with showeq (which must also be compiled with gcc v3.x).

Good luck.

ladybat
01-09-2002, 03:06 PM
thanks for the reply....Ive already figured it out and have seq4 up and running....the problem I was having was that I dont yet have alot of exp doing compiles etc.....and the qt-2.3.2 was in a subdirectory UNDER qt so once I figured that out and got into the right directory I was able to do the threaded make and then everything else was like before.

Mandrake is much easier casue most of the libraries are alreayd there.......you DO have to have the gcc3 installed BEFORE you do the make on the qt...........but you can simply install all the gcc 3 libs then do the make on the qt and the rest is just like before...

my only difference now is that where before I could get seq to run by doing this

/usr/local/bin/showeq

NOW even though showeq is there it wont start from a termainl window (shrug) I simply use the explorer to go to it and click it and it runs fine.

Thanks!!!

Michelle aka Ladybat out