PDA

View Full Version : The Deep - Bridge

mantra71
01-27-2003, 04:51 AM
The default map seems to have the invisible bridge somewhat off.

Dont suppose anyone has a variant of the map that shows the width of the bridge.

/Mantra

seqlover
01-29-2003, 12:29 PM
My guild was doing Deep this past week and I started to lead them onto the invis bridge because I had seq and it showed the bridgeline on the map, well, the bridge line is off. I stayed directly on the line and fell about halfway across.
Yes, I died, :-(
We ended up getting across the bridge thru trial and error and dropping bottles of beer(literally) along the path so that others could follow. The "actual" path of the invis bridge seems to be partially on the same line drawn on the seq map but the further west you go on the bridge, the "actual" invis bridge is a little south of the bridgeline on the SEQ map. Hope this helps, I dunno how to redraw an SEQ map, but SEQ did show the stuff we dropped along the way to lead others across, and it was extremely clear that the line on the SEQ map is incorrect, close, but still incorrect.

who_me_use_seq
01-29-2003, 01:31 PM
The current invis bridge line is not off. Went LD the other day just on the EC side of the bridge. Had to catch up to my guild. Ran straight over the marked bridge, made it to the other side just dandy.

YMMV

darkgrue
01-29-2003, 03:26 PM
I think the point is that while the line in the current SEQ Deep map is a safe path, it is very much like the Yellow Brick Road, stray from that line at any one point, and you're never really sure how far you are away from the edge. You also have to keep in mind the path line is essentially one pixel wide, and trying to walk the line at 1x zoom, as opposed to 4x is going to give much different success rates...

I was able to navigate with no problems using the line, but considering the people who were following me and my dropped objects still fell, I suspect that the line doesn't represent the true centerline, or may not be on the centerline for the entire span.

That, or the bridge is far narrower than anyone appreciates. I've heard there is a small quest in the zone that concludes with an NPC walking across the invisible bridge (which you could crib his walkpath from, but who says the NPC sript runs the centerline?), but I've never witnessed the event myself. And from what little I've read about the quest, it's a PITA.

Can the bridge geometry be extracted from the zonefile? Or is there any way to hack the zone descriptor file to change the color/texture attribute for the bridge so that EQ Zone Explorer or EternalQuest could be used to accurately map the span and it's centerline? It could be done trial-and-error feeling across the bridge blind with either, I suppose, but I'm wondering what optimal soutions are available.

eqdevil
01-30-2003, 07:02 AM
If you fear a shroom across the invis bridge and set path tracing the path does waiver a little to the right as you get further out. Usually we just fear a shroom and drop summoned hammers or food across for other to follow.

mantra71
02-02-2003, 06:05 PM
Thanks for all the tips.