PDA

View Full Version : Decode when started after starting EQ?

Zor
01-10-2002, 12:49 AM
Is there any way to get ShowEQ to decode, if you start it up after you've started up EQ, without zoning? Frustrating to tell yer group "Uh, I gotta zone, something, is, uh, being funny" when ShowEQ segfaults. :)

What exactly does it need to start finding keys? Is there any way we could help it along, if zoning isnt an option? Would be interesting if I could program in a way to feed it information to help it along.

LordCrush
01-10-2002, 01:13 AM
Hi,

as i know the information of all MOBs in the zone is only send when you log in or zone. If seq is started while u are in the zone there is no way to get the information. seq can only decode new spawns - The only possibility IMHO would be something like a cache, but i am not a programmer an so i donīt know wether is possible. There would be the problem how log shall the contens of the cache be vaild.

Regards

- Lord Crush

ickymo2
01-10-2002, 02:47 AM
What I would do if I were you is do a /q out. Obviously not in a dangerous area or when the group is moving. It should allow you to get SEQ up and running again. Then blame it on an LD.

LordCrush
01-10-2002, 03:42 AM
and now we know the cause of 50% LDs ;)

Regards

- Lord Crush

Zor
01-11-2002, 12:00 PM
Hmm, makes sense that spawn information is only given when you zone, that'd be why only new spawns seem to decode correctly. I wonder if it'd be possible to save ShowEQs state, so you could reload it in case of a segfault. But I'm on vacation, I cant go looking at source code! :) Well, maybe...

SeqTester
01-11-2002, 12:12 PM
That used to work well when you could logf back in before timing out. I can not count the number of times I said BRB... /q(or /exit)...log back in and my group was like WOW we almost lost you.

/em snickers :cool: