PDA

View Full Version : Feb 16 Update - SEQ Fix

Ratt
02-16-2003, 06:23 PM
16 Feb 03
-------------

+ Applied patch from Mvern for temporary fix - will break next patch, however. Use it in good health until then.

Thanks, Mvern.

wfj5444
02-16-2003, 07:22 PM
/bow

rencro
02-16-2003, 07:29 PM
So when they break it next patch we all can start up with the HAS SONY WON? threads again...

quackrabbit
02-16-2003, 11:09 PM
For you hardcore feenz, apply this or manually make the changes below to opcodes.h:

Index: opcodes.h
==================================
RCS file: /cvsroot/seq/showeq/src/opcodes.h,v
retrieving revision 1.21
diff -r1.21 opcodes.h
97c97
< #define RemDropCode 0x2b40
---
> #define RemDropCode 0x0025
101c101
< #define MakeDropCode 0x2c40
---
> #define MakeDropCode 0x0021
171c171
< #define StartCastCode 0x7e41
---
> #define StartCastCode 0x0174
175c175
< #define MemSpellCode 0x8241
---
> #define MemSpellCode 0x0178
225c225
< #define TimeOfDayCode 0xf240
---
> #define TimeOfDayCode 0x00feEnjoy!

quackrabbit
02-16-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by quackrabbit
[97c97
< #define RemDropCode 0x2b40
---
> #define RemDropCode 0x0025This doesn't appear to be correct... Sorry for posting this without correctly testing it.

quackrabbit
02-17-2003, 01:16 PM
Sorry, the correct opcode for RemDropCode is:
#define RemDropCode 0x0025QR

quackrabbit
02-17-2003, 01:18 PM
Sorry for the double post, not being able to edit sux!

I have actually tested it this time, and the correct opcode for RemDropCode is:
#define RemDropCode 0x0020QR

Choofer
02-17-2003, 02:30 PM
This is coming from a non-Coder but -:

How do we know already that this will be broken once a new patch is implemented.

If we already know what is going to change in the next patch to break this fix can we pre-fix it.

Is it as simple as knowing what has changed on the Test sever. If it is, do people work on the test server's data stream so that fixes are already in place for the live server's patch.

Sorry if i'm asking questions that are simple to answer from the pure code point of view but being able to question without fear is something we should all be able to do..

Choof

high_jeeves
02-17-2003, 03:04 PM
Test server code is just that, TEST code.. why fix it for test server, when what we see on test server may NEVER go live... Plus, if you modify it to work on test server, it wont work anymore on live servers...

From now on, post questions in the appropriate forum.

--Jeeves

spiceman
02-17-2003, 06:16 PM
Thanks Ratt works great!!

spiceman
02-17-2003, 06:19 PM
Oh, did you get my pay pal donation? I don't see my penguin LOL

minigirl
02-17-2003, 07:25 PM
Thanks SOOOOO much !!!!

hugs and kisses from Sweden.

Thanks! :) :) :) :) THANKS

Sneaky
02-17-2003, 11:57 PM
Is CVS down or something. I get the following message when trying to login.

cvs [login aborted] : Bad CVSROOT pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login
cvs login: pserver connection method.

Cryonic
02-18-2003, 12:12 AM
CVS is running, you sure you have the right cvsroot? (Check the FAQ).

lildr00d
02-18-2003, 01:36 AM
Not sure if its because not all feature are working or not. Or it just may be some of that Dev Magic that we all love so much. I've noticed a major difference in CPU usage in this release from the last release!

If this was intentional Grats. If its just a fluke of my PC this time arround WooT me.!

Sneaky
02-18-2003, 07:19 AM
I used the same update method I have been using for a while now. (the one from the step by step manual on Hackersquest) Is this not the right one?

junk
02-18-2003, 08:03 AM
Is ShowEQ hosted by Hackersquest? I think the forum on their site for ShowEQ has been locked from allowing new posts since February of 2002. Don't go there for help with ShowEQ. I can just picture jeeves shitting a kitten for what I'm about to do.

The answer you seek (http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2860&highlight=cvsroot).

Sneaky
02-18-2003, 12:43 PM
Yeah I went there too and got the same response. I can now get to the login but it times out. I think maybe too much traffic?? I will try again later.

Noobian
02-19-2003, 11:01 AM
Ratt said;

"+ Applied patch from Mvern for temporary fix - will break next patch, however. Use it in good health until then.

Thanks, Mvern."

Yes, thank you Mvern.

Now for my questions.

Does this statement mean that the temporary fix is now part of CVS? From what I can find it does but, I updated in the normal manner that I've used for 2 years and GPS is not working for me. I'm not using a sniffer, just using GPS.

Secondly, am I wrong in assuming that I can get GPS functionality now without a sniffer? If so, this would explain my GPS not working.

I'm reluctant just to try different things and recompile since my Pentium 133 takes forever to recompile (ok, you can stop laughing now).

Thanks for all the hard work you guys have put into this;

Noobian

Dedpoet
02-19-2003, 12:11 PM
Yes, the fix is part of CVS. Yes, GPS works without a sniffer.

Did you remember to "make install"?

cheeze69
02-19-2003, 02:15 PM
I'm not complaining -- I'm just happy to have my SEQ back, but I thought I'd mention a crash issue I've been seeing.

I also realize that this patch is PURELY "at your own risk"/etc., but I figured that it might be useful to post this in case it can help the release-version.

I did a complete CVS grab yesterday evening (2/19/03) and a full build.

Everything worked pretty much as expected (thank you!) but I did experience 2 crashes, both of which said something to the effect of "could not inflate - wrong compression". There were also warnings about packet sizes. I'm sorry that I don't have the exact messages, as I was not logging the STDOUT/STDERR at the time (I am now and I'll return when I get a real capture).

Other than that, the only other aberation was the map getting resized "super huge" -- I had to change my zoom from 3X to 7X to get the same view. Probably an errant set of coords that made SEQ think something was waaaay out there on the map.

So, once again, thanks so much to the developers and everyone working on getting SEQ running again!

Noobian
02-19-2003, 03:33 PM
Thank you Dedpoet. Nowat least I know I'm not pouring water down a dry hole.

For sometime I've been using the Monkey679 guide which has been quite helpful.

To update I type in the following lines:

cd /root/showeq
make distclean
cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login
cvs -z3 update
cvs -d :pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq logout
export CC=gcc-3.0.1 ; export CXX=g++-3.0.1 ; export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2
make -f Makefile.dist && ./configure && make && make install

Unless someone points out an error with this I think I'll just repatch CVS when I get home and try again. Only takes it about 2-3 hours when I type that last line....

Noobian

Pokesfan
02-19-2003, 07:04 PM
Other than your qt version doesn't look to be a supported version, it seems like what I type in.

Raistlin
02-20-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Noobian
Thank you Dedpoet. Nowat least I know I'm not pouring water down a dry hole.
<SNIP>
To update I type in the following lines:
<SNIP>
export CC=gcc-3.0.1 ; export CXX=g++-3.0.1 ; export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2
make -f Makefile.dist && ./configure && make && make install
<SNIP>
Noobian

Ok, i'm going to take a shot in the dark here as to what happened.

A few guesses looking into my chrystal ball

1) This is the first time in about 3 months that you've actually done a complie/update.
2) You're using QT-2.3.2

First, You got the files down. You exported your QTDIR to qt-2.3.2 and you ran make -f Makefile.dist

That executed and told you to run ./configure && make

You in fact ran ./configure && make && make install (to get it installed, b/c you knew you'd have to anyway).

And since your box takes sooooooo long to compile, you went off to wash your clothes, get a cup of coffee, watch some TV, etc. When you came back you saw the garbage spamming the screen had stopped, didn't see an error, so opened a terminal and tried SEQ...and wonderfully enough, it pulled SEQ up. However, GPS didn't seem to work so you posted here.

What you missed was when you ran ./configure you missed the message that said basically "QT-2.3.2 is not supported"...(something about a fatal error and all that). But because i'm betting you also forgot to run make distclean that the compile happened anyway (or maybe it would reguardless, don't know) but it never installed a different version.

ANyway, that's my shot in the dark. YOu're going to have to upgrade your QT version to get it to work.

3.0.5 is what I use, and it's pretty simple to do I think.

--Raistlin

z26o
02-20-2003, 10:27 AM
What you missed was when you ran ./configure you missed the message that said basically "QT-2.3.2 is not supported"...( That's true, you do get this message, however QT-2.3.2 still works at this time. At least it still works for me, without me having to do anything out of the ordinary. Not to say that upgrading isn't a good idea, but I doubt that's the cause of his problem here.

z

Alwayslost
02-20-2003, 03:08 PM
I also compiled with qt-2.3.2 this time round with no problems.

Raistlin
02-20-2003, 05:26 PM
HuH? My ./configure stops executing with an error if if finds my 2.3.2 as my only QT (it won't see 3.0.5 by default, it sees 2.3.2 by default).

The message I get at ./cofigure (I'm sorry, i'm not at my linux machine so I don't have the exact message) leads me to believe that 2.3.2 is no longer supported since configure just plain stops at that point. It's interesting to know that 2.3.2 is still supported...strange.

If anyone feels it's a good idea, i'll drop my specs in here for everyone to take a look at.

--Raistlin

lane
02-20-2003, 07:39 PM
Only takes it about 2-3 hours when I type that last line

Holly crap I thought it took a long time on my POS computer. I also don't do a clean every time so that must be what cuts down the compile time to ~1 hour for me.

This is on my smokin P1 with like 900meg HD and I think 48meg ram.

Thank you to all the devs. Keep up the good work!

-Lane

Manaweaver
02-20-2003, 07:59 PM
Raistlin... They announced a few patches back that they were making the switch to QT 3. I'd suggest just doing a clean install of RH8 with the required packages(or just a complete install if you have the HDD space)

Its probably more of a hassle to deal with two version of QT on one machine anyways. As I said, install a fresch copy of RH8 and go from there. Things work very smoothly.

Manaweaver
02-20-2003, 08:00 PM
<--- Retard

RTFM... yes I know... Just going to all of you, install RH8 anyways, its better :p

KaL
02-21-2003, 06:26 AM
This area is for announcements. Please take all discussion to the other areas.

jgorrell
02-21-2003, 03:46 PM
And that's why we aren't creating new topics in this forum. Replies are for discussing a topic - which is what these people are doing in this thread.

Your post was more usless than any other and you contradicted yourself by posting here.

Epsilon
02-22-2003, 12:04 AM
i agree with KaL..i would only like to see a new message in this forum when theres a new update.

people are discussing QT problems right now and that has nothing to do with with the showeq announements...there are hundred of QT discussions already

Manaweaver
02-22-2003, 06:03 PM
I don't know, I tend to disagree. If it was meant for us not to post here, they'd just lock the threads. His QT problems were with the new version of SEQ, so why not post on the new announcement to see if its still compatible with qt 2.X? Better than starting a new thread, in my opinion.