PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the new forums

Ratt
12-14-2001, 07:06 PM
Due to the continued brain death of the SourceForge forums, and the impending release of the "new and improved" ShowEQ (and my lack of time to submit patches to correct the many issues they have), we have setup these forums powered by vBulletin (www.vbulletin.com) by the nice people at Jelsoft.

Shameless plug: vBulletin, being the singularly best forum software in existance today, is the obvious choice when choosing a forum. :)

The new forums are sadly not tied to the old forums in any way. In the near future, I will see if I can import the old messages. I do not think this is going to be a real possibility sadly. Additionally, I doubt that I will be able to incorporate the login information for Sourceforge, this means you will be required to maintain seperate logins for this message forum and for SourceForge itself. I regret there is no way around this due to security reasons.

With all that said, I hope you enjoy the new forums. They are much easier to use (and maintain!) and offer flexibility far above and beyond what SF was offering.

If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to ask.

Please observe common sense and courtesey when posting. Flaming and rabble rousing will not be tolerated, however the moderators will be very lax on their moderation, as long as everything is kept civil.

bluevulpine
12-14-2001, 07:33 PM
Nice new look. A+.

a_corpse00
12-14-2001, 11:23 PM
Long time lurker. I look forward (to say the least) to a "functional" program.

P.S. You may want to disable the file attachments -- easy way to abuse your bandwidth.

adenine!
12-14-2001, 11:54 PM
Good call, those SF forums get annoying.

Ratt
12-15-2001, 01:23 AM
Ok... the cookie issue should be resolved.

If you get a hashed username, please let me know... but all instances of that happening should no longer occur.

deathinc
12-15-2001, 10:38 AM
Nice choice on the fourms. :)

I have about 4 licenses for vB myself. ;)

-- Deathinc

Malloc_i
12-15-2001, 11:53 AM
I like the new forums - we have been using vB on a couple of development projects ourselves.

Good work Ratt!!!

malloc_i

SeqTester
12-19-2001, 07:54 AM
Nice new Look Ratt... Keep up the good work!!!

someDUMBnewbie
12-19-2001, 10:14 AM
Been lurking on the old forums for a few months now. These load faster, and are easier to browse. Thanks.

ColdCrow
12-19-2001, 10:22 AM
It has been a very long since I have posted anything, but I just wanted to let you guys know ... I love the new look!! WTG!