PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the new Project SEQ

Ratt
04-10-2003, 11:52 PM
Welcome to the new Project SEQ website.

SEQ isn't just for EQ anymore. Well... sort of.

With the advent of all the new MMOLG's out now and scheduled to come out, there is a need for a central site dedicated to the more technical aspects of those individual games.

ShowEQ was the first widely popular program of a new breed of packet analyzers dedicated soley to analyzing and displaying data about a specific applicaton, as opposed to a more generalized packet analyzer. As such, this project still retains the SEQ moniker, but we are dedicated to Online Games in general, and not just EverQuest.

ShowEQ played a vital and important role in the history of EverQuest, being the catalyst for innumerable bug fixes and misinformation given to the players of EverQuest. In effect, SEQ kept the Verant developers honest at worst, and identified bugs and poor quality control at best. Without SEQ, EverQuest would be a far less playable game than it is today.

SEQ opened the door for programs like Excalibur ans SINS, and we hope that it can pave the way for many more; In effect providing free third party verification and auditing of the online games you pay for. We are not in the employ nor are we paid by any of the companies operating the games represented at this site. We are not beholden to them in any fashion, and we will provide the truth about what's really happening behind the scenes. <B><i>That is our one and only goal</i></b>.

If you are a developer or the creator of a packet analyzer for any online game and you would like a set of message forums for your program, please contact Ratt to setup your forums.

fryfrog
04-11-2003, 04:59 AM
This is going to sound really stupid, but how do you get to the old forums asside from clicking on a link to all the old threads? I maybe don't quite get it yet :)

Okay, now i feel stupid. The word "EverQuest" (along with every other game) is a link. i missed this because it doesn't have the underline i'm normally looking for :)

Just now... i noticed that below each of the game titles there is also a clickie link for its program :)

Any chance of just a "general" discussion forum for everyone to talk about what ever?

Flea
04-11-2003, 05:38 AM
The new site looks great Ratt. Nice work.

Manaweaver
04-11-2003, 07:00 AM
I agree, very nicely done Ratt.

Stunning
04-11-2003, 07:01 AM
Ratt I like the new look. Thanks for your continued support of the projects.

Hobo
04-11-2003, 07:35 AM
Love the new changes Ratt. Nice to see that you are expanding into more games. Is there any chance we can have a forum to discuss "other" games that don't currently have their own forums? I'm currently testing several games and it would be cool to see who else is involved with them and maybe start exchanging some info on them.

h3x
04-11-2003, 07:40 AM
Is this going to list all posts to all forums, new posts that is.??.

If it is could you add where it will list which forum it belongs to, or which program it's going to pertain to?..

Ratt
04-11-2003, 08:51 AM
Hobo - Let me know what other games and I will add them to the list. The ones listed are the only ones could think of off the top of my head.

Is this going to list all posts to all forums, new posts that is.??.

If it is could you add where it will list which forum it belongs to, or which program it's going to pertain to?..

Yes, all forums. I agree it's kind of confusing, I'll need to see if I can change that up a bit.

EvilNecro
04-11-2003, 09:53 AM
I like the new site, great job Ratt.

I am curious though as to what is going on with SEQ. I heard talk about modifying it to accept input from memory readers / server progs like cavemanbobs. I think that would be a good way to go. That way the awesome SEQ GUI can be retained and enhanced while a plethora of memory readers can be developed in windows.

There has been precious little information provided by any definitive source as to the direction of SEQ. If you would be so kind as to give the faithful a few lines I know it would be appreciated.

h3x
04-11-2003, 10:05 AM
Could we also get an option here to remove already read topics?
Mark forum read kinda deal?...

Or make it how you want to make it /grin

Rhonwyn
04-11-2003, 10:36 AM
In the "Active Topics" section, can it identify which section the topic is under? I see a "does anyone play this game" from casey and wonder if it's about EQ or what. Even just the most general topic, like which game, or something like that would help a lot.

Lyroschen
04-11-2003, 12:39 PM
Ratt,

I think Hobo was asking for a catch-all "Other Games" forum, where folks could create topics about games not already listed. If one of those games seems to have enough interest to become it's own forum, it could be added, then. Sounds like a good idea to me.

\\=^ )

Mezme
04-11-2003, 02:18 PM
I love what you dit Ratt.

Kudo ! :)

trustno1
04-11-2003, 03:12 PM
Nice layout. It took me a bit of clicking to find all the info and get comfortable with it. Besides the deep fear of change, I actually like this.

Thanks again Ratt !

raksul
04-11-2003, 04:51 PM
<jaw drops> Wow! Super site... soooo much easier to find stuff now! =-D Kudos!

fester
04-11-2003, 04:57 PM
Excuse me if I am missing something, but I have a few comments
on the new site:

1) Browse CVS, I search and found it via "SourceForge" and "SEQ Patches". These two pages had a CVS link. I felt it was somewhat buried.

2) I don't play or have interest in AO, AC, AC2, EQ2, DAOC, Planetside, or SB. I could not find anything in "User CP" to toggle to ignore all posts in these sections when I "get new messages". That would be a nice option.

I like the site overall. Thanks.

SlowNLazy
04-11-2003, 05:03 PM
Great job Ratt...

Like the portal idea and the few add-ons you've put into place..

One question... this mean we are going to have to educate a whole new breed of peeps on what the Search button is capable of doing? Woot ... more n00bs!

Elmo
04-11-2003, 11:56 PM
I noticed you set up forums for EQ2 which is not yet released. How about Star Wars Galaxies?

Tantoris Thule
04-12-2003, 10:19 AM
In other words, ShowEQ is dead, this forum will talk about packets of other games as well, and that, as they say, is that.

So much for everyone saying "Oh, they have a fix and they will release it in a couple of weeks."

Thanks for the memories, ShowEQ.

As far as the portal idea, wasn't this tried with Hackersquest.com or hackersquest.gomp.ch and it pretty much fell flat on its face?

baelang
04-12-2003, 02:40 PM
I like the format. it looks good.

I'll get back to you on the content though.

KeldramosRN
04-12-2003, 07:53 PM
Sux that you're giving up...

fryfrog
04-12-2003, 08:27 PM
what in the mother of god makes you think they are giving up on seq? i mean, seriously if you think that why do you even bother coming here let alone posting. if they WERE giving up seq and this update "proved" it... don't you think they would have dropped all the ShowEQ and EverQuest forums? HELLO??? IS ANYBODY THINKING IN THERE???

Elmo
04-12-2003, 09:47 PM
C'mon Fryfrog, don't feed the trolls. ;)

wolfy
04-13-2003, 04:48 AM
god I love this vbulletin adaption, nice work getting it installed

ThanosOfTitan
04-13-2003, 05:02 PM
Nice layout, you can tell at a glance (if you have a brain to look) what the status is and such.

Aurelius
04-13-2003, 08:21 PM
Is there a way to increase the size of the font on the messages? I run at basically 1600 x 1200 and I know I could reduce this size but I am hoping there is some way to display the message text in a larger font than it is. I have looked at the user CP and various snap arounds but didn't see anything.
Is this old guy gonna have to resort to squintin and a huggin his ol' monitor? )))

Thanx again, board has a lot of stuff. I'd like to be able to turn off all the non-SEQ orientated areas as well as was previously commented on. )) I don't ever want to get sooo involved in another online game again. ))

Have a good day. :D

Raistlin
04-14-2003, 12:58 PM
All I can say Ratt is WOOT!!!

The site looks AWESOME, I love the layout, the topics are very clear and orgainzed, over all you've done a GREAT job.

Congrats on the new layout and getting this up and running in such a short amount of time.

Way to go! :)

Oh, and lets all try not to feed the trolls.

suseuser7341
04-16-2003, 06:34 AM
I do think this could help a lot to get more out of SEQ !

However I am missing a place where issues like real time information display, visualisation, mapping, memory sniffer communications etc can be discussed. in fact to me it seems that this common point motivates the new structure, yet can't be found somewhere.

MarkJames
04-17-2003, 07:49 AM
Ratt could you add "Eve" please, i dont see it listed unless im missing something.