PDA

View Full Version : ShowEQ and EQW

Scrubfire
01-15-2002, 12:26 PM
I'm using EQW to play two accounts. This confuses ShowEQ a bit in a few ways: It causes "ghost" mobs to go zooming around (way beyond zone boundries), and of course since it's getting packets from two accounts from the same IP, it constantly hops between the two Characters.

Is there any way to filter out packets from a specific account? I notice that there is a continual "Player ID is xxx", "Player ID is yyy" back an forth in the console messages.

KennySP
01-15-2002, 12:53 PM
Filter Via MAC Address *MIGHT* work, should be that option in the showeq.conf file.

Does it work? Dunno, try it =)

KennySP

fee
01-15-2002, 01:44 PM
Hmmm..... You bring up a valid problem. The packet filtering is currently set up to track by the EQ client ip address or MAC. As you noticed running multiple sessions from the same client, confuses showeq.

Unfortunatly there is no simple way at this time to work around this, sorry. The solutions I can think of would require significant modifications to the packet processing engine, as well as the packet capture code. All would require quite an increase in cpu cycles devoted to these processes.

If you are interested in understanding the problem from a technical aspect, I would recomend learning the current EQPacket and PacketCaptureThread classes.

fee

fee
01-15-2002, 01:52 PM
Just took a look at the problem from a different angle.

You could, with extensive code changes, use the framework in showeq to track multiple sessions. You would add some session manager code before the packet dispatch. Its feasible to add this functionality, just need a volunteer to write it.

fee

Scrubfire
01-15-2002, 02:39 PM
I might take a crack at it. I did some mods back in 2.x to log things to a MySQL database.

Hoihoi
01-15-2002, 05:46 PM
the "simple" way would be to manualy configure each seq session with the PlayerID you get from the server. then filter by the ID... just a thought. i would try it if i wasn't busy and would have time to work myself into seq ;(

Vegas
01-16-2002, 12:55 PM
Well, how does the server distinguish between the two sessions to the same IP address? Doesn't it establish communication via UDP datagrams on separate ports (random > 1024)? If so, wouldn't it be possible to have SEQ just monitor traffic destined to the port associated with the first session?

Vegas

Yendor
01-16-2002, 12:59 PM
I *think* the port (can) change with each zoning. So you have to watch for zone changes. But it shouldn't be hard to keep track. Now if you wanted to keep track of both sessions and switch between them.. that would be more involved ;).

Scrubfire
01-16-2002, 05:43 PM
For now I'm not to worried about tracking both session, since both characters will most likely be in the same zone. I just want to avoid the skipping back and forth, and hopefully filter out some of the garbage data.