PDA

View Full Version : Cannot get it to work

Icon
04-19-2003, 06:24 AM
I feel like a moron or something, but I can't get this to work.

I downloaded all the required files, the server is in C:\Downloads\wseq\myseqserverc\* and the client is in C:\Downloads\wseq\myseq\* and the maps are in \myseq\maps\*

I am attempting to run both the server and client on the same PC, I set the client, inside preferences, to connect to 127.0.0.1 (localhost) and whatever default port was already there.

Then I log into EQ completely, run the server, then run the client. I give it a few to connect and stuff, yet nothing at all happens, the client runs, screen is black, no map, no nothing. Server DOS box still says "waiting for new connection...".

Is there anything else I'm supposed to do? That doesn't require compiling? I don't have nor want the .net compiler. And yes, I've installed the .net framework already.

- Icon

Icon
04-19-2003, 06:32 AM
Well, it's official, I AM a moron.

I missed the damn GO button on the bottom of the screen.

Now it connects to the server, but is really weird and buggy. I'm running the very newest, test2a or whatever, and it's only partially working. The map wont auto-load, the mobs wont show, nothing shows up except ME, and even I don't move when I really move. I move in the game, and it doesn't update in MySEQ unless I hit STOP then GO, then reload the map.

I feel like I'm still missing something obvious.

Does it not work with EQW? I don't see why it wouldn't.

- Icon

MrDoh
04-19-2003, 10:20 AM
I've never tried to run both parts on the same PC, so I can't say how well that works. I have heard of a few people having problems on the same machine, but that was many versions ago, and something may have changed.

Also, is this happening in a particular zone, or have you tried this in multiple zones?

Mr. Doh

cavemanbob
04-19-2003, 12:01 PM
It may not correctly find the process with EQW I'll try it today.

Icon
04-19-2003, 03:25 PM
It works fine, you just have to close and restart both the server and the client. It always b0rk3s the first time, but runs just shanazzy the second.

Oh look I made up a word! Go me!

- Icon

dirfrops
04-21-2003, 02:28 AM
Yup,

I was having the exact same problem...black screen, no map, just myself in the center...then while IN GAME, shut it down and restarted everything.

Definitely SHANAZZY...heh, I like the sound of that...THANKS CAVEMANBOB!!!

MightyWarrior
04-22-2003, 08:52 AM
CavemanBob,

What are the OS requirements for running the server and client.
Currently I am running the Server on my Win98 EQ machine ip 192.168.1.100 and the client on a WinXP system ip 192.168.1.101

My configuration is
internet-----> Cable modem ----->Linux Mandrake 8.2 (SEQ machine (firewall) ------->
Switch ------Win98 EQ machine MYSEQ Server
| -------WinXP MySEQ Client (laptop) machine
|--------Win98 system (second EQ machine)

Client does nothing... server recognizes the client

SEQ works fine but Myseq does nothing.

I have read good thing about your Proggie and would like alternatives for game play

cavemanbob
04-22-2003, 11:35 AM
Windows NT, 2000 and XP will work for sure with either the client or server.

The client might work on win 98, but there's been reports of it not working. I've never tested the server on win98 so I can't speak to it's working there. I think I'm going to look into the win 98 compatibility today, so there might be a patch later if I can track down the problems

MrDoh
04-22-2003, 03:57 PM
This is probably not the problem, but it gets me nearly everytime for about 2 seconds until I realize. D'oh.

Everytime you update the client, it changes the IP address back to the standard that it uses. I invariably just hit go, and then freak when it doesn't connect. Then it dons on me... oh yea, change the address.

I know this isn't your problem (because you said the server recognizes the connection), so I don't know why I chose to show my ineptness. hehe

Mr. Doh

Nitro Joe
04-24-2003, 12:40 AM
The Server works on a Windows98 machine.
Have the following OS running:

Win98: EQ & MySEQ-Server
WinXP: MySEQ Client

Only error it occured is that Server can't find the new zone-key after zoning - I must restart MySEQ-Server than everything works fine.

BTW Good work, Cave :)

cavemanbob
04-24-2003, 12:49 AM
I'll look at that along with the other win98 issues soon I hope, other more important real life issues have required attention the last few days. Gotta find me a job among others lol :)

seqmage
04-24-2003, 04:09 AM
I had it working on the same machine using EQW.
I had to get 2.35a for EQW.
I didnt set the ip to 127.0.0.1 i set mine to 192.168.0.2 which is the ip of my EQ box. and it worked.
You will want a big monitor like 21inchs to see all the stuff.

MightyWarrior
04-25-2003, 05:53 AM
CavemanBob

I got it working with your new release 1.8a server and 1.10 client.

It could have been the way I was starting everything. started EQ, got into game, started server, started client POW Skittles and a map!!!

Nice work!!!

I am getting errors when in the Luclin zones though with a big red X on the client and a lot of beeps from the server. Does this mean that there is something wrong with the map?

Nice to have alternatives to SEQ :D

Again Great piece of coding!
MightyWarrior

Midnight
04-25-2003, 09:51 AM
yea eqw works well with mseq now. it was only the earlier versions that seemed to have problems. mseq will always read the first process of eqgame