PDA

View Full Version : List ComboBox Filter

Resiliant
04-20-2003, 10:23 AM
CMB

First, an observation:

You might want to set the Project Properties / Working Directory to something other than .../Administrator/Desktop/myseq before you send the source out... tends to make the project unexecutable on most target PCs

And a question:

I've been trying to add a ComboBox immediately above the ListBox to permit us to filter the contents of the list box. Some very strange things have been happening when I try to open Form1 in the VS C# IDE. Sometimes I get a very strange class assignment message... Is there anything strange about the way you designed Form1? Do you have any prolems opening it in the IDE?

Also.. just something I want to run by you... I think that the right way to implement the ComboBox is actually to create another panel on the left that is docked to the left side, and then create the ComboBox and ListBox as Docked.Top and Docked.Left respectively. This is going to change the access references of course.. your thoughts?

R

P.S. Just a thought for the future: Be nice to draw a white enclosing circle around spawns that are on the Alert list -- then you can see where they are on the map easily.

P.P.S.. Downloaded test3.. VERY strange stuff going on.. random select lines being drawn randomly on the map, spawn draw sizes are bizzare, and the -1 con level didnt seem to work.. very strange.

cavemanbob
04-20-2003, 11:22 AM
Good point about the working directory, I completely forgot about that.

The way that .net splitters work is a bit odd to say the very least. What you're going to have to do is manually change the Controls.Addrange to add the combobox component after the listbox in InitializeComponent. If you want it to be just above the listbox, I think you'll have to add it and the listbox to another panel instead, like the map panel on the right side of the splitter.

I've been thinking about indicating alerts on the map for a while, this should be easy enough to do.

The test 3 stuff is just stupid mistakes on my part due to a lack of updating some of the mob data, they're already fixed and ready for release.

Resiliant
04-20-2003, 01:30 PM
Oki Doke.

I think I'm going to try to re-define Form1 with the panels re-arranged a bit, and try to keep it in a state that it is editible by the IDE...

The ListBox selector helps a LOT as regards acutal use. You tend to want to look at either 1) Players 2) Mobs or 3) corpses, with an 'All' filter that shows what you currently have.

Ill get to work on that .. hopefully I'll have something in a day or two.

:)

R

P.S. Looking forward to Test4 :)

cavemanbob
04-20-2003, 02:58 PM
Yeah, I had something hacked up on a menu that didn't work quite right, but a combo box is a way better idea. All these extra panels are starting to remind me of java lol.

The new 1.9 client and 1.5 server are up BTW, it works properly with my test data this time anyway, so hopefully there's no huge nasty bugs. *crosses fingers*