PDA

View Full Version : MySeq 1.10 client, 1.7 server

cavemanbob
04-21-2003, 08:42 PM
Some goodies in here this time, mostly just new features.

http://alteria.sf.net/myseq-1.10.zip
http://alteria.sf.net/myseqserverc-1.7.zip
http://alteria.sf.net/seq-maps.zip

Client Changes:
* LoY zones will now decode properly. If any don't let me know.
* Basic depth filtering, this doesn't work perfectly yet, but it's better than nothing.
* Fixed the jumpy map dragging, mostly...
* Items on the ground now show up as little x's.
* Tooltip style boxes when the mouse cursor passes over a mob or item on the ground.
* Couple of other little internal fixes

Server Changes:
* Code to rip ground spawns from eq memory and transmit them

The codebase will probably go into cvs today or tomorrow depending on how lazy I am.

CybMax
04-22-2003, 01:37 AM
LoY zones will now decode properly. If any don't let me know

Wooot.. Cant wait to test it out.. Awesome work Caveman!!!

Sixes
04-22-2003, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by cavemanbob The codebase will probably go into cvs today or tomorrow [/B]
YAY

NDT
04-22-2003, 08:21 AM
You have done an awesome job Caveman...

With this version if run on Windows 98...You can start it up and run it perfectly...unless I move the map or enlarge it. If I do that it locks up. I haven't tested it yet on XP..(The client I mean) Just FYI for ya.

Awesome job though bud...Keep up the great work!!

(I used to run version 4 of the server then version 6 of the client on Windows 98 and it ran completely perfect almost 100% of the time...as far as lockupas and old world zones,kunark, velious, and PoP...so I am not sure what may have changed since those versions)
But hey...if it runs perfect on XP...thats great...upgrading that other comp to XP anyway hehe

eq_freak
04-22-2003, 09:27 AM
This version crashes after 5-10 sec for me, if I move the mouse around over the map at all.

I run the new client and server on the same machine as I play EQ on(Windows ME).

I am still using one of your earlier versions(dont recall which one). The last 3-4 updates have all frozen in a similar manner and required a process kill.

Other than that, the new stuff looks really nice, so looking forward to when the lockup bug is squashed :)

showeqgratefull
04-22-2003, 09:32 AM
Excuse my ignorance, but i have not used myseq for about a week to a week and a half, i loaded the server on my winme host and the client on win xp, and now there is no longer a server file...

i see an entry in the options/prefereances to put the server in, is this correct
or do i need to create a server file?

Sorry for my ignorance..

Midnight
04-22-2003, 11:03 AM
Just put in the IP address that the server is running off of. It will create its own server file.

Pax
04-22-2003, 11:34 AM
Cavemanbob i just have to write this .
i have kinda been postponing it as i wasnt sure what to write.
but now i just have to say it "THANK YOU" this has been said before and i hope you wont tire of hearing it as i have a feeling more and more will use it and be thankfull.
you have taken the goals from SEQ and taken it out to the masses (now the masses just need the ethic's lessons to use it).
well to make a short post a bit longer, thanks for a great program and dont work to hard, noone wants to see you burn out to soon :)

cavemanbob
04-22-2003, 12:11 PM
The windows 98 family seems to have some issues, this includes win ME, I'll probably be looking into this today, it's probably something simple.

The server. file is no longer used. Preferences are stored in prefs.xml and although this file is hand editable you might as well change the options in program.

Thanks for the thanks pax, always good to hear from happy users :)

Nitro Joe
04-22-2003, 01:55 PM
Maybe it's possible to list the height-parameter in the toolbox-info window of the mobs. Would really help in multi-level-dungeons (height filter don't work on mobs for me).

Great work, Cave ... (bow kneel)

Nitro Joe

cavemanbob
04-22-2003, 06:11 PM
The initial z location of the mobs is listed in the listbox. I never thought of applying the height filter to the mobs, I'll put that in as an option.

MrDoh
04-22-2003, 08:27 PM
I know you've heard this from me before, but maybe this time it really is!
Thanks to Caveman adding what apparantly is some more debug code in the server, we may be one step closer to solving the mysterious lockup problems. (then again, I've been wrong many times before!)

I noticed tonight that everytime I locked up, the server said incomplete send! That means the server must have been in mid-send, right? Is this a coincidence? I am going to slow my update speed way down and see if I get the same message everytime I lock. At least that is something common to all the lock ups.

Does the client update while receiving the packets?

On a better note, the program looks wonderfull. The tooltip popups are very helpfull!

On a not so great note, they cause the program to lockup as well. Not every time I use one, but, it will lockup. Usually within 10 - 15 pop ups or so. This lockup is identical to all my other lockups. They all now say incomplete send.

The LoY map loading is great! I have a much harder time scrolling the y plane though. Usually, I can get 2 clicks in, and it freezes that quick. This happens much, much faster than it does in every other non LoY zone. (Cause it always happens sooner or later.)

Once again, I just keep becoming more and more impressed with this program every build.

Mr. Doh

MrDoh
04-22-2003, 08:54 PM
After boosting the update delay, I can say that the server does not always give the Incomplete send message. Infact, I just set the update delay to 10000ms, and it locked up scrolling in the list, and the server didn't give the incomplete send message.

Also, I have not had to stop or restart the server portion at all since I have installed the new version. I never had to in the past either. This has always been a client issue.

Thanks for all the great work!
Mr. Doh

cavemanbob
04-23-2003, 01:37 AM
I think there's an intermittant hard to trace bug that pops up from time to time that is massively amplified by windows 98 and it's clone. The server seems to work flawlessly with the client running on win 98 in my tests, but the client seems to freeze after 3-4 packet transmissions usually without a incomplete send on the serverside. I still haven't tested the server on win98. At this point I suspect that I'm either abusing .NET framework in some way that work right on most winnt variations, but not win98 variations, or there's a subtle difference between .net winnt and .net win98. I've already e-mailed the .net dev support at microsoft to see if there's some differences, but haven't heard back yet.

I will eventually track whis down, but it's kind of a pain since vs.net won't run on win98 and the vs.net remote debugging seems to be virtually useless, though this may very well be my inexperience with the new system..

At the very least I have a big saved data stream that works flawlessly on win2k and xp, but crashes often on 98 so testing should be fairly easy.

MrDoh
04-23-2003, 07:10 AM
Caveman,

I know your last post wasn't directed specifically toward me, but I wanted to remind you that my client is running on NT4, and seems to have a lot of the same poblems as 98, just not as quick.

Mr. Doh

cavemanbob
04-23-2003, 12:08 PM
I know, but I think the problem is related and hopefully if I can figure the win 98 one out it'll fix others...

Spook
04-26-2003, 06:57 PM
Sorry about the cross post. I just replied to the post of the front page news highlight which I now see was for the latest server.

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3317#newpost