PDA

View Full Version : Client Lock Up

Pyronicide
04-23-2003, 12:15 AM
I am having the client lock up consistently for me whenever i try to do anything with the map (even clicking on it makes the client freeze). Also, trying to scroll through the spawn list will make the client freeze if I have not refreshed mobs before scrolling. The client is running on a 750mhz p3 running win98 and the server is on my 1.5ghz athlon win2k box. I can't believe it is the server that is causing the client to lock up however. Anyone have any good ideas? Waiting for the client to work its self out only proves that it is in some kind of deadlocked state ("Program is not responding"). Any clues?

Scottyy
04-23-2003, 07:23 AM
Seen alot of people having problems on a non NT codebases so i would say MySEQ is unstabler if thats a word on 9x systems.

MrDoh
04-23-2003, 10:41 AM
Not only is it a word, with 9x, it's a lifestyle. hehehe
Sorry, I really couldn't resist.

Yea, the 9x problems are known and are trying to be tracked down. There is also a very similar (if not the same) problem with (at least my) client on NT4. Seems like the only really stable way to run the client is to run on NT code of Win2000 or later.

Like I said though, this is being worked on. It does make it much harder to track down though, considering you cannot install the .NET SDK on 9x, -OR- NT4 based systems.

Also, although I have not tried is yet due to being at work, considering the patch today updated eqgame.exe, new offesets (hopefully that will be all) could be needed. Until the new patch is tested, it is advisiable to read Cavemans stickied post in the general forum.
http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=3302

Mr. Doh