PDA

View Full Version : More suggestions

Midnight
04-23-2003, 08:10 AM
More thoughts on MySEQ improvements for somewhere down the line.

1. Mob names showing up in the spawn list as formatted in game names like 'A Froglok Knight' rather than 'a_froglok_knight00'

2. I notice when I click on a spawn in the spawn list, the line will stay honed in on them until I click onto my own name. It would be nice to be able to con a NPC/PC in game and have it target them in MySEQ. It is easier to target myself/con in game and have the spawn list point to myself rather than scrolling through a long list of names and finding myself or another player.

3. The zoom feature right now could use some improvements. Possibly a zoom in/out icon (magnifying glass?) instead of just the small up/down buttons. Also when you type in a number, let's say from 100 to 200, you have to hit enter in order for it to change sizes. Possibly a 'size' button to commit the change?

4. The capability to save your zoom settings and load them automatically per zoning into a new map. I find myself taking the time to change it to atleast 200 every time i zone in.

5. It's been mentioned before.. but possibly a pull down menu to show only NPC/PC/ground spawns, etc.. and of course the 'Show ALL' feature.

6. Upon zoning in to a new area, any reason the mobs show up in the map area before the actual zone map is loaded? Any way to display the zone map before the actual spawns pop up? Just an eye candy thing to make it look more professional.

7. I noticed you said something about setting a spawn list field to -1 or 0 and having it 'hide' itself. I have yet to figure out how to do this without just minimizing each individual field until it no longer appears. Is there another more user friendly way?

Once again, a job well done.

pooz
04-23-2003, 10:50 AM
3. Hint: Use your mouse wheel.

Midnight
04-23-2003, 12:21 PM
Mouse wheel only works when panning through it slowly. Quickly rolling up/down causes the program to produce an error. The whole point of the 'size' button is to help the user to change the setting all at one time.

cavemanbob
04-23-2003, 12:21 PM
1. Maybe as an optional feature

2. Targetting on a con is a little tricky as this is just a client - server communication, there's isn't really anything stored in memory. Targetting what you have targetted in game could be done though.

3. As pooz said, make sure the map control has focus, then +/- or the mousewheel will zoom.

4. Could do it, but this could get annoying real quick, try zoning from a really big map to a really small one with the same zoom... Maybe as an option.

5. Coming.

6. Yes there is a reason. This is the way the client works, there is the possibility of using the zoning offset to stop updates during zoning though.

7. Not at the moment, you could edit the values in prefs.xml, but the values aren't labelled very well so you need to know which is which.