View Full Version : 1.9 server, 1.11 client

cavemanbob
04-27-2003, 08:11 PM
http://alteria.sf.net/myseqclient-1.11.zip
http://alteria.sf.net/myseqserverc-1.9.zip
http://alteria.sf.net/seq-maps.zip

Client Changes:
* Mostly internal & bugfixes
* NOTE: The dropdown box above the listbox is not working yet.

Server Changes:
* Changed the way data is decoded from memory to make it easier to recover from eqgame patches.
* Offsets are no longer stored in the offsets.txt file, it may now be deleted.
* Offsets are now stored in the myseqserverc.ini file and MUST be in base 10 format, not hex.

guice
04-27-2003, 08:19 PM
Server link is a FNF error.

cavemanbob
04-27-2003, 08:26 PM
Dang typo, fixed now

aposle
04-27-2003, 09:48 PM
The client says MyShowEQ version 1.10 -

Is that a typo?

cavemanbob
04-27-2003, 10:07 PM
Yep, but only on startup, when the map loads it switches to 1.11. Forgot about that one...

Dark
04-28-2003, 01:37 AM
The New version seems to have reduced those delays in updating.
All mobs vanish when looted.
I did notice that there was a PC running (vel lines) then they stopped but the Vel lines stayed there. Went over to look and the PC wasn’t there. Other mobs were still moving. A refresh didn’t fix it. It seemed to sort its self out after a few mins.

guice
04-28-2003, 02:14 AM
I did notice that there was a PC running (vel lines) then they stopped but the Vel lines stayed there.

That's due to lack of updates. The EQ client isn't updated every PC's location in zone. Only when the PC is around you or does some select action (zone, sit, etc). Then and only then will the EQ client be updated on the PC's location and thus allowing MySEQ to update them correctly.

LarWin
04-28-2003, 10:01 AM
Hello, first of all I must say your work is great ;)

Now, I got a few issues :)

- When I launch the client while mouting a horse, mobs consing will be based on my horse lvl, which is 30, rather than based on my own lvl.

- My map still jumps a bit when trying to move it. The very first time (after program launching) I move it, it won't jump, but it will jump all the time with next moves.

- Since your last modifications on map jumping, each time I select a mob on the map, the map jumps (unless I haven't moved the map yet). I think noone mentioned it so I suspect others aren't getting this issue. I am running the prog under windows xp. Anything I could do to make this stop ? :)

Thanks again.

cavemanbob
04-29-2003, 02:09 AM
guice is correct about the update issues, there's not much of anything that can be done.

I don't know why it would do that with horses, but I have no way to test it as I don't have a horse. As a workaround just specify your level manually, I'll see what I can dig up though. The jumpy map is getting worse, don't know why yet, but it's really annoying as you've no doubt noticed...

Knighttime
04-29-2003, 05:23 AM
When I go into the Nexus, I still get a Red X through the screen. Seems that there are still problems with this zone..

Knightime

Elyon
04-29-2003, 10:51 AM
I have the same experience if I am on the Horse, it sets everything to the Horse's level as far as con's etc... I just stop the clilent, dismount the horse and restart the client, then get back on the horse.
Everything is then conning back to the proper level.

nullpointer
04-29-2003, 12:14 PM
In main() ...

if (argc == 2) {
port = atoi(argv[2]);
}

I think if argc is 2, only argv[0] and argv[1] are defined.

Been a long time since I coded in C tho so ...

cavemanbob
04-29-2003, 12:44 PM
I thought I fixed that... Oh well, it's done for sure now.

GlarbStoneblly
04-30-2003, 12:28 AM
bide your time and let things settle down when the servers come back up.

btw did ground spawns get lost in the last update? or is that something we can un comment when we complie? I relly havn't paid much attention, Bad Gnome BAD!

cavemanbob
04-30-2003, 01:01 AM
The groundspawns work, though there seems to be some that don't show up. Don't know why though...

cbreaker
04-30-2003, 02:03 PM
As far as the horse con situation, you can fix the con colors without hitting stop and then go. Just get off the horse, go to Options, and then click OK. It's a little quicker.

nissta
05-21-2003, 12:39 PM
i get the message that it cant initiate the program correctly and then some adress 0xc00003542 or something. im using a windows xp and i believei have all the files i need etc.. please help me anyone

z26o
05-21-2003, 01:43 PM
You should put this in the help section but it sounds like you need the .NET framework. This thread http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3334 lists the steps to take to get MySEQ working. One of the first things is a link to the required .NET framework libs.

Good Luck ~z~

nissta
05-21-2003, 03:50 PM
thanks alot for the help friend! it was indeed the .net framework that was the culprit. but alas, my misfortune does not stop there im afraid. now, when i run the client and server and press go and all that nothing happens.

i have tried both ip 192.168.0.46 (my own ip) and 127.0.0.1 (local host) but nothing happens. the program is just running but it doesnt load a map when i zone or anything. i can load a map but then there are no mobs and so on.

any ideas?

once again thanks!

z26o
05-22-2003, 07:27 AM
nissta~

Sorry other than what is in the "how to" link I posted I don't have any Ideas. This is a realitivly simple program to use, be sure you are following the proper sequence to start it. Get all the way in game before clicking "GO". Make sure you have the proper ip address in options. Make sure your maps are in the \myseq\maps folder. try a different zone...

If none of that works for you, post in the help section your set up (1 system or 2), where you have the files installed, what steps you take to run it, and any messeges you get. And I am sure someone will point you in the right direction. Just be as detailed as possible.

Please start a new thread in the HELP section as this is not really news.

~z~

Edit: I just noticed that this is the 1.11 client thread. Make sure also you have the latest client/server.

nissta
05-22-2003, 01:35 PM
thanks alot for the response 8)

will start a thread in Help section!

THX :)

gorf
05-27-2003, 04:25 PM
hihi, keep getting server not found emssages, am I just a newb here? (actually self explanitory), what am I doing wrong.

c

pooz
05-28-2003, 03:56 PM
Any chance you could lock old version announcements so people would quit posting here asking for help?