View Full Version : Error running Client

04-28-2003, 04:52 PM
Running windows 98SE with .NET 1.1 get the follwing error when i start client:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\mswork s.dll could not be loaded.

Jut curious what i'm missing?


05-08-2003, 01:50 PM

I have this self same issue. I have installed .NET v1.1 and run the client and got the same error as you. I looked in C:\windows\msft.net\Framework and find two directories:

v1.0.3705 (contains three or four files only)
v1.1.4322 (contains numerous files and directories)

I guessed I had a 'ghost' of an earlier version of .NET so copied the latter directory's contents into the earlier. I can now get the client to run but it halts every few seconds with simple errors like "This value too big for Int32" etc.

Could my registry be pointing MySEQ at the wrong version of .NET ?

Any inspiration gratefully received !

05-08-2003, 02:48 PM
You shouldnt have done that. Msworks.dll is not part of the .NET Framework.

Each version of the framework creates a new directory.

So if you just have v1.0 you have directory structure that looks like this
c:\windows\microsoft .net\framework\v.1.0.3705

if you have both 1.0 and 1.1
you have another directory called v.1.1.4322

if you just have the 1.1 framework installed
you will have both directories but the v.1.0.3705 directory will just have 4 files it

Directory of C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705

04/22/2003 02:48p <DIR> .
04/22/2003 02:48p <DIR> ..
03/11/2002 11:18a 353 installutil.exe.config
03/08/2002 06:35p 5,201 mscormmc.cfg
02/20/2003 06:43p 131,072 mscormmc.dll
04/08/2002 08:41p 351 regsvcs.exe.rtm.config

I would suggest that you uninstall the 1.1 version of the framework and download and install the 1.0 version from this link


once you have that version install try it again and see if you get the errors.

After that if you want go ahead and update to 1.1 version but dont uninstall the 1.0 version

05-13-2003, 08:48 AM
Many thanks for that Domesticbeer - actually I decided on a fresh install of win98 and loaded 1.0 then 1.1 of .NET. Now both client and server run but I still get an application error when the client tries to load a zone. I hit 'Continue' (instead of closing the app) and I end up with a white map with a red cross in it in the map area.

The mobs list, however, is shown properly and update correctly as far as I see, but no map.

Oddly if I load a map manually with no server running then I can see the map but as soon as I connect to the server I get the error and the map is replaced with the cross. I'm running Win98SE on both client and server.....

Any (more!) divine inspiration greatfully received.


05-13-2003, 10:19 AM
make sure that the maps are located in a directory called maps that resides in the same directory that the client is in.


---- Maps

If you still get an error post that error and let me see if I can help debug it.

05-13-2003, 12:48 PM
If you're using an EQ map it needs to be <zonename>.txt
If you're using a SEQ map it needs to be <zonename>.map

If you downloaded the map from maps.eqgui.com or wherever you may have to rename it from <zonename>_1.txt to <zonename>.txt