PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated

PopNFresh
04-29-2003, 01:01 PM
I guess I am thicker than most, cause I can't seem to find make this work and everyone else seems to be doing great. My problem is about the same as a couple of other threads, but I have been able to make their solutions work for me.

I have 2 boxes one a p3 with 750meg memory (server and EQ box). The second a p4 with 750meg memory (client box). Both are running XP Pro OS.

I start the server getting "waiting for connection" then I start EQ and when I am fully in the game I start the client on box 2. When I press go, I get (on the server) "Found - PID = 3492" "new connection from 216.63.xxx.xxx (just didn't want to give out my full IP address). Nothing seems to happen on the client except the go changes to "stop". Nothing else happens.

I really hope this turns out be something really stupid on my part, but I do want it work. I have gone without SEQ then got it back briefly, now still no SEQ and I can't make this work. Make me fell like a real dufus.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Pop

gonecrazy
04-29-2003, 01:08 PM
Since that ip is a public ip are both of these boxes on the public internet?, is there any type of firewall, or nat routing between them? Or are both the boxes on the same hub/switch, and on the same subnet?

PopNFresh
04-29-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by gonecrazy
Since that ip is a public ip are both of these boxes on the public internet?, is there any type of firewall, or nat routing between them? Or are both the boxes on the same hub/switch, and on the same subnet?

Only a Netgear hub between them. No firewall. When SEQ is running, either box can talk to SEQ on the same hub. I hope that is the information you are asking.

Thanks,
Pop

cavemanbob
04-29-2003, 02:39 PM
There seems to be a number of people with this issue. It may be another partial packet issue, I'll look into it and maybe throw a possible fix into the cvs tonight.

Singe
04-29-2003, 03:11 PM
Please forgive me pop if youve already looked at this but the only time Ive had the problem you describe is when I had the wrong offsets in the ini file or was using an older version of the programs.

Hope that helps.

quackrabbit
04-30-2003, 06:14 AM
CMB,

I had this exact same problem. I discovered it was because I had not yet created a ./maps directory. Once I created the maps directory myseq client worked just fine.

cavemanbob
04-30-2003, 10:41 AM
It needs more error checking as well, especially on the file accesses...