05-01-2003, 05:10 AM
Load myseq server.. get
Version 1.9a
Waiting for new connection...
foind - pid = 1588

new connection from: 0.0.0.0
Incomplete send!
Waiting for new connection...

am using the files you have linked on the page (recent)... have IP addresses set up fine... and everything else looks OK... what's wrong? thanks!

Tbird038
05-01-2003, 06:33 AM
I get a big red "X" across the Client screen with this new combo of server and client....I noticed that they install in a new set of directories...is this significant? and I HAVE moved my map files to a directory under the new CLIENT directory.

Thanks CB...this a really great tool you've made.....

*T*

lane
05-01-2003, 07:14 AM
Big nasty red X here also. Happened with server 1.9 and 1.9a. Client was 1.11 with both. Have to leave now or I would put up error message I got before I click Continue and get the X.

-Lane

Tbird038
05-01-2003, 09:34 AM
I deleted EVERYTHING....re-extracted all the files...and worked like a charm....(FIGURES....hehe)

Firewalker
05-01-2003, 08:43 PM
Now, not to sound rude, or assy... but how do we go from "Incomplete send!" to your Red X problem? no offense.. but i could give 2 craps less about it... if you have a problem, start your own thread, it's not that hard... thanks

Anyhow, Cavemanbob... great program, if you can help me, i'd greatly appreciate it! thanks....

Tried deleting the program files, and all instances (none) of that .ini file... still getting incomplete send....

Thanks

cavemanbob
05-01-2003, 09:41 PM
Is this: 0.0.0.0 the actual ip it displays? or does it display the correct one and you just didn't want to show it?

Usually the text sequence that you show there indicates that the client connected, started receiving a packet and for some reason terminated the connection part way through. Oh and what OS are the server & client runing on?

Firewalker
05-01-2003, 09:53 PM
Both are XP pro.... with .net framework...
the 0.0.0.0 is the actual IP the server shows... not sure what the deal is

Tbird038
05-02-2003, 10:15 AM
Perhaps I was NOT specific enough...so.....the SERVER said INCOMPLETE SEND....and the CLIENT showed a BIG RED X...

and SHEEESH.....it's just a Thread.....start my own.....Gimme a break.

Firewalker
05-05-2003, 04:02 PM
Sorry Tbird.. just a bit frustrated, hehe
I Really want to get seq to work right,,, but still get that blasted error...
and the IP address it shows in the server box is 0.0.0.0... my LAN's ipblock is 192.168.100.xxx

the client is pointing at the server's ip address just fine
Not understanding the incomplete send.. any ideas??

Thanks

lane
05-05-2003, 05:35 PM
Is there any type of firewall between the two or client firewall on either of them?

Very odd that it doesn't know the IP Address of what is connecting to it.. I assume you can ping, etc. between the devices.

-Lane

cavemanbob
05-05-2003, 05:39 PM
Accept is returning an error, it sets the whole structure to 0's in that case. I should have thought of that sooner, I'm adding better error checking to the server so it can actually say what happened.

Firewalker
05-05-2003, 07:51 PM
no, no firewall between the two machines... my network is connected to a cable modem VIA a linksys cable.dsl router... worked fine before last patch... now nothing..