View Full Version : 1.9b server, 1.12 client

cavemanbob
05-06-2003, 10:53 PM
Finally...

http://alteria.sf.net/myseq-1.12.zip
http://alteria.sf.net/myseqserverc-1.9b.zip
http://alteria.sf.net/seq-maps.zip

Server Changes:
* Groundspawns fixed, for sure this time.

Client Changes:
* win98 works
* Other various bugfixes including height filtering mobs & alert stuff
Known issue: The map dragging is jumpy, but this is better than what it was doing earlier today...

Theres probably some bugs in here, but I'll egt those later.

M_Frohike
05-07-2003, 10:21 AM
Thanks, Bob. I'll download and test tonight. I run a Win98 client and use the ground spawn feature so it fits nicely.

I could have used the height filtering last night. Was camping Unrest and it was very confusing when a red mob runs over you but he's really not there (they were 2 floors up).

Very nice for a "hobby" program that's unsupported. Wonder if that's how Linus got started with his little program.

M

Alfred
05-07-2003, 08:50 PM
Btw.

Remember my pII300 mhz that I had to set to 1200ms delay and it would still lockup?

This version works like a dream on my win98 box. Whatever you fixed, it is extremely fast now and hasn't locked up once.

my hat is off to you! Well done CB.

cavemanbob
05-07-2003, 09:07 PM
Took out the thread and switched it to a timer instead as it wasn't providing any benefit anyway as well as fixing a number of other bugs... I'm much happier with the stability without the thread though. :)

M_Frohike
05-07-2003, 09:23 PM
Tested it with my Win98 system. Whatever you did, don't change it.

Things I noticed working now:

1) Ground Spawn
2) Any kind of interaction with the UI, especially rolling over skittles, selecting, etc.
3) Zoning into Nexus / Bazaar without having to "stop" first.

Bonus: I see you added some error trapping. I purposely shut the server down before the client which caused it to trap an error. Nicely done.

M

Wishbringer
05-08-2003, 01:21 AM
Don't know if it is a known issue:
after i close EQ, and then shut down MySEQ-Server, my MySEQ-Client crashes.

cavemanbob
05-08-2003, 02:10 AM
It's new, I know about it, I don't know why it started all the sudden and I don't know why, but thanks for a report confirming it's actually a bug :)

I'll see what I can do

CBiLL
05-08-2003, 03:06 AM
Good work on the proggie ...

However there a couple of feature on my wishlist which I use so often in Showeq ..

Adjusting depth offsets .. effecting both maplines and mobs

I would like to be able to adjust the the depth above and below my character. I use them alots in certain zone which have several layers and would like to be able to view only mobs at the depth I adjusted it for.

(Hitting F3 seem to be only adjusting the fixed depth (the first floor) you had set it for and doesn't affect spawn draw on the map still showing all spawn no matter what depth you had it set at)

Undocking the spawn list

I like having a full map screen on my monitor and the spawn list to be undocked from the map window and shrinked to the taskbar. On Linux I used to undock everything and put it on a different desktop than the one I had my map on it and just switch desktop when I need to look at the list .. Also it allow me to expand my list fully to see all race and classes.

CBiLL

P.S. Which maps are you using? LOY map or ShowEQ map?

ncornu
05-09-2003, 10:21 AM
If u can add some infos about exp that would be great. Current exp max exp and aa too.

Spook
05-10-2003, 06:57 AM
Server crashes on start due to command line argument usage bug

In myseqserverc.cpp, change line 807 to:

port = atoi(argv[1]); // was [2]

cavemanbob
05-10-2003, 12:08 PM
I Seriously cannot avoid that stupid bug, it just keeps creeping back in, fixed again however, thanks for the tip.

I'm looking into exp/aaxp, I think it's easy though.

Adjusting depth filter will go in.

Undocking the spawn list, dunno how to do it offhand, but would be neat, I'll see if there's any code samples floating around about how to do it.

useseq
05-12-2003, 08:50 AM
I love you man~

cbreaker
05-15-2003, 05:58 PM
I dunno if this is happening to everyone, but it's really bad for me, so I thought I might ask.

Scrolling the map with the middle mouse button is very very bad. The map jumps to x/y offsets in the thousands and back when I drag the map around. It was jumpy before, but it was manageable.

Also, it would be great if the map would stay in full view when not zooming, and have the player circle move around the map. Basically, keep the edges of the map on the edges of the map view, whether zoomed in or not. Would be a really nice thing, although not of major importance.

Gersh
05-16-2003, 01:18 PM
When i load Myseq file it send me error window and details:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
and offer me click continue or quit. continue nothing change and i click quit... and thats all

Elyon
05-16-2003, 01:25 PM
First of all Gersh, how is this NEWS? Please post in the proper area....:mad:

Having said that.. look at this thread

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3334

It should help you quite a lot....:)

Gersh
05-16-2003, 01:57 PM
Heh, its work befor but after no
i reinstal all mysec files in link but not any change (