PDA

View Full Version : How hard do you think it would be....

baelang
05-08-2003, 12:24 PM
To convert the linux SEQ to act as a client of MySEQ?

SeqTester
05-08-2003, 01:25 PM
I was wondering the same thing, but was afraid of "Well if you want the linux client to do that, then go code it" or some other coment like that.

I browse these forums daily/hourly but do not post much being I am not much of a developer.

I am not sure how often CMB changes the netcode that the server talks to the client, but it would be a nice fall back to have a hacked version of SEQ to listen to it.

I actually have a hacked up one I have a copyon my Linux box that reads from the logfiles for when SEQ was down before, MSEQ is better than that but still my Linux box is much stronger than my POS-Win-Laptop.

Also this is not saying CMBs client sucks or anything, more that Windows does.

ST

cavemanbob
05-08-2003, 02:41 PM
It shouldn't be too hard to do, but it won't be done by me anytime soon. I lack both a reasonably powerful linux machine that I can use for devel and the time to do it. If someone else wants to do it though, please do. :)

The netcode doesn't change signifigantly very often, but that's the easy part anyway, the tricky bit is figuring out how to convert the data into the form used by seq. If anyone is interested in doing this I can provide a bit more info on what needs to be done.

Zeppo
05-10-2003, 11:44 PM
I'm just guessing, but would this be easier now with the release of the source code for libEQ.a?

Zeppo
05-18-2003, 06:21 PM
No other thoughts on this?
Damn, I really wish I knew how to code.
I must rely on others to make fixes for me, and it just hurts.
Ask me to build a PC or hook up a major lan/wan and I am all over it, though.

Thanks for all the great work CMB!

domesticbeer
05-19-2003, 02:04 PM
You wouldnt need to use libEQ.a . The only thing libEQ.a was used for was to figure out the decryption key and decode the packets. If you use the MYSEQ server you negate the need for a decryption alogrithm (?). It would take some programming to convert SEQ to accept the data input from the server software.

Zeppo
05-19-2003, 04:02 PM
Ah. Ok. well that makes sense, and I should have figured that out for myself.
Someone would need to get the source for SEQ and then make SEQ look for the information that the MySEQ server is sending out.

Thanks!