PDA

View Full Version : Some assistance with offsets...

DarkOne
05-08-2003, 01:32 PM
I am attempting to use a couple tools to view the memory for the eqgame process to work my way through finding the offsets but nothing seems to work. In HackMan the process doesn't even appear and with AXE 3 the process id appears as Unknown. Using the System Information util in Windows XP I am able to determine which id belongs to eq but an error appears when trying to open this along the line that it is not allowed.

I have done some disassembly and memory tweaking before but it was prior to PoP. I am a bit rusty now. I'd appreciate any assistance.

Oh, this all started with wanting to play on the Test server.

Thanks!

cavemanbob
05-08-2003, 02:31 PM
In order to access the eq memory space a program needs to use SetSecurityInfo to allow access to it. AdjustDacl in the server does this. Unfortunately most memory views don't do this.

I haven't found a program that works particularily well as of yet, but if you have a copy of visual studio you can attach the debugger to the eqgame process and view the memory that way. It lacks the fancy search features though...

If anyone knows of a good memory editor that works with EQ, I would love to know.

Mr. Suspicious
06-13-2003, 06:28 PM
If anyone knows of a good memory editor that works with EQ, I would love to know.

TSearch, works like a charm on Win98 =)

Nova
06-13-2003, 08:07 PM
http://www.gamehacking.com/sites/tools.php?sort=Memfinders

lostinspace
06-16-2003, 10:30 AM
WinDbg from Microsoft works without problems (under XP at least)

You have dissasembly and also raw memory search (hex, string, byte...), as well as number of other options.

Also, you do not need 'memory editor' in order to find most offsets in EQ, you can do it searching file (eqgame.exe), or searching its dissasembly ( using tools like W32DSM89 ). It is much safer and faster than doing search on attached process memory.