PDA

View Full Version : Everquest on Windows 2000 Server?

Wizzard005
05-15-2003, 05:51 AM
Anyone know if myseq and EQ will run on Windows 2k Server?

Douglas
05-15-2003, 06:00 AM
It runs fine on my Windows Server 2003 Enterprise. Of course, I had to enable Direct3d acceleration, as it is disabled by default. Good Luck.

Wizzard005
05-15-2003, 06:03 AM
blah I have to get 2003 soon :) Thanks!

Dedpoet
05-15-2003, 07:13 AM
Sligthly off topic, but is there a trick to get .NET installed on Win2k? I have installed it with no problem at all on 4 different XP machines with no issues at all. Last night I tried to install it on a 2k machine at work from Windows Update and it would just hang forever with 0% left in the install. I tried multiple times, I tried pulling the file straight from the download site instead of Windows Update, and had the same problem. Curious, I tried it on 2 other Win2k machines with the exact same result. All 3 machines are completely up to date with all critical patches from MS.

Is there some combination of updates that does or does not work with this? 2 of the boxes are identical hardware, but the other is completely different. There are not separate downloads for 2k and XP, so I have no idea what was going on. This isn't a big deal really, I just wanted to check something from work and wanted to load it up real quick. The moment is gone, it's just curiosity now.

pooz
05-15-2003, 01:06 PM
It runs fine on my Win2k Advanced Server.

I didn't have any problems installing .NET on either of them.

I would suggest NOT trying to get the .NET framework from WindowsUpdate and instead get it from...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/netdevframework.asp

WindowsUpdate = NOT reliable

Dedpoet
05-15-2003, 01:20 PM
Yeah, I tried from there. That link points you to the same link as download.microsoft.com gives you. Same result. The only requirement I see is IE 6 SP1, which I have. I would have dismissed it if it didn't happen on 3 different machines. Something is causing the install to hang, but with no error message, I'm clueless.

Wizzard005
05-15-2003, 02:14 PM
hehe its Microsoft at its best hehe