PDA

View Full Version : New Filters

BlueAdept
05-19-2003, 09:01 PM
Now that SEQ is working again, I would like to work on some filters for luclin/pop/loy. To do that, I really need some help. I could use all of your spawn logs.

I dont think seq logs the spawns anymore by default. To correct that, under options you will see log spawns. Please check that. Give it about a week or 2 before you send them to me.

Attached is a script to remove PC's, removed spawns, corpses, and warders from the spawnlog.txt files. Put the spawnlog.txt file and the filter.txt file in the same directory and type "sed -f filter.txt spawnlog.txt > tmp.txt ". (It may take a while for it to parse the file). When it is done, type "mv tmp.txt spawnlog.txt"

One more thing I ask, please compress the file like this. From the command line type "tar -jcf filename.tar.bz2 spawnlog.txt" . Substitute filename.tar.bz2 for a unique name (like fred.tar.bz2 or this_is_my_spawnlog_tarball.tar.bz2)

Then just email the file to me. If it is over 5 megs after it is compressed, email me first and Ill try to set up a way to get it or have you split up the file so I can get it.

This will also help the emu people. I have been giving them copies of the filtered spawn logs so they can populate the emu.

My email address is [email protected]

EDIT: Uploaded a NEW filter file. I forgot about warders. It now includes mounts and warders in the filtering process.

dogmeat
05-20-2003, 03:34 AM
What is the best way to create logs? Specifically, is it ok to just turn on logging and go about normal play, which would include zoning to many different zones for various durations, or would you prefer to have a log of a single zone, with a toon camped overnight logging several nights in a row, for example?

Dedpoet
05-20-2003, 05:35 AM
BA, you may want to add a "_mount" filter to that file as well. I'm trying to remember if I needed to add "_familiar" to mine or not as well. I'm thinking yes, but my seq box is not accessible to me right now.

Dogmeat, usually just normal play will make nice log files. The longer you're in a zone where things are actively being killed and spawned though, the more complete the file. Hunting for several hours would accomplish this, but then so would FD'ing a monk/necro/sk in a zone where others were hunting.

Make sure you follow the directions for the filter though, so you don't send BA a file filled with your character name. It also cuts the file size down significantly.

BlueAdept
05-20-2003, 02:04 PM
That script is a bit old. Horses/mounts werent around when I made it. Give me a day or 2 and Ill update it. Ill go through my spawnlog and see what needs to be added/changed in the script.

As for spawnlogs....just go about your normal play. After I get several, Ill go through the zones that people have and filter out the common spawns then Ill look the rest up to see if they are anything special.

After I have a new version of filters ready, I will need input from people to tell me if any of them are wrong or missing.

I also need to brush up on my sed and awk. I havent used them in a long time. I guess I should really learn pearl instead.

ThanosOfTitan
06-04-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Dedpoet
BA, you may want to add a "_mount" filter to that file as well. I'm trying to remember if I needed to add "_familiar" to mine or not as well.
Do you have a syntax that works, I tried this the other night and had no luck getting it to work.

BlueAdept
06-04-2003, 06:56 PM
I totally forgot about the familiars. My updated script (on this thread and the other one) now do mounts and familiars.

ThanosOfTitan
06-05-2003, 06:11 AM
I wasn't so much looking for the log scrubber you use, I was looking for how to add them to the filtered section of logs.

lildr00d
07-28-2003, 01:58 AM
Looks like it does not catch Eye's also

z:Eye_of_Somecharactor01(xxx):1:4135,-6559,296:18.13.23:3:poeartha:12.51.07.23.3256:(0):-1

Was still in file after I sed'd the log file

BlueAdept
07-28-2003, 07:43 AM
Didnt think about that one either. Ill add that to the scrubber.

I know I havent worked on the filters in a bit. It is long over due. Im going to try to do some major updates in the near future. I will be doing research on the PoP planes to see what mobs should be in the filters.

Also if anyone spends a lot of time in LoY expansion, I could use some logs from there too.

lildr00d
07-29-2003, 12:03 AM
I'm working on sending you elemental planes stuff. Sent you a 4 part file the other day.. Should have another one in a day or so with new spawns