PDA

View Full Version : Path to LibEQ.a

o0shadow0o
01-18-2002, 05:07 PM
I read through the Documentation that comes with SEQ and was unable to find any way to specify a different path to libEQ.a. Is there any way to change the directory where SEQ looks for libEQ.a? Thanx 8)

casey
01-19-2002, 02:59 AM
you can get configure to look in extra places by doing one of two things,

add the flag --with-extra-libs=DIR where DIR is the dir with libEQ.a in it or set the variable LDFLAGS=-L/path/to/libEQ

if you just copy libEQ.a into /usr/lib it should get found automatically and require no action on your part though.

o0shadow0o
01-19-2002, 01:03 PM
Well what I was hoping to do Is Run Both SINS and SEQ they both sue different libEQ.a versions so I need some way to tell SEQ what one I want to use.

fryfrog
01-19-2002, 03:22 PM
you could write a quick little script that would just move in/out the right .a file when you compile. the libEQ.a is ONLY needed during the compile of ShowEQ or SINS.

something like...

#!/bin/bash
#Path to libEQ.a files for sins/seq
$SINSLIBEQA=/root/sins.libEQ.a
$SEQLIBEQA=/root/seq.libEQ.a

if [ "$1" = "sins" ] ; then
cp -f $SINSLIBEQA /usr/lib/
exit 0
fi

if [ "$1" = "seq" ] ; then
cp -f $SEQLIBEQA /usr/lib
exit 0
fi

echo -e "stupid fuck, use sins or seq"
exit 0

even better, you could just make a script that compiles showeq, and the first thing it would do would be move the right libeq into place. make sure you use COPY, that way you don't have to worry about preserving you sins/seq libeq.a file.

crazdefool
01-19-2002, 03:44 PM
even better,sins should support the much better new libEQ.a

o0shadow0o
01-19-2002, 05:06 PM
I did not know that libEQ.a was only needed at compile time. I thought it was used during normal use. That makes it really easy then 8)