PDA

View Full Version : Weirdness going on

RustyDagger
05-21-2003, 10:40 PM
I've searched the forums and can't seem to find anything like this problem.
Everything works as long as I click on a menu item but freezes up the second I click anywhere else.

IE..
I start server, start client, start EQ and maps don't load nor do mobs show up until I click one of the drop down menus. All I have to do is click on one of them.. say Options and the program works like it's supposed to with mobs moving and the spawn list updating.

I'm running
Win2K with SP3
IE 6 with SP1
All the latest updates
.NET framework 1.1 from the website NOT windows update.

More weirdness.. it was working perfect a few days ago then started acting funny.
I blew away the drive and re-installed everything and it still does it.

any help is greatly appreciated

MightyWarrior
05-22-2003, 06:22 AM
Try this sequence

Start EQ and get toon in the game
start server
start client
click go

:D Bam Skittles :D

This works for me everytime.

but the client still crashes when I zone

RustyDagger
05-22-2003, 07:47 AM
MightyWarrior,
Thanks for the advice but I think you're missing the problem.

The main problem is that the program is locked up until I click on one (doesn't matter which one) of the menu bar items.

If the menu bar item losses focus then the program locks up again and will stay locked up until I click one of them again. The menu has to be dropped down for it to work.

I noticed another thing last night that may be telling me the problem is not with MySeq but with .NET

I am getting the same behaviour in Internet Explorer.
When I hit graphics heavy websites I have to click the menu bar to get them to finish loading.

It's kinda funny. The progress bar goes almost all the way across but nothing loads then when I click the menu -bang- everything loads instantly. If I de-select (right word to use?) the menu it immediatly stops loading.

I'm going to format the drive and load up again except for .NET and see if it happens again.

cavemanbob
05-22-2003, 12:04 PM
There was a similar problem I noticed a while ago, but I thought it had been cleared up. Since it's doing it in other apps I'd suspect that you've got a corrupted dll somewhere in the .NET framework or somewhere else.

RustyDagger
05-23-2003, 12:55 PM
Follow up.
I formated the drive and re-installed in this order:
Win2K
4n1 drivers
Vid drivers
Win2K SP3
IE 6
IE 6 SP1
All the updates that I could find
DX 9.0