PDA

View Full Version : Ideas to look at

Phrede
05-24-2003, 05:11 PM
One thing I would like to see is the ability to toggle either the map section or the mob list on and off...

Sometimes I want to see the whole map (when I'm looking for that named I've already got locked.) or I'm wanting to find that specific named and don't want the confusion of the map getting in the way. (Looking at the list)

With the ability to click a button and have the map go full screen and back again and another button to get the list full screen and back again, I would be in HEAVEN...

Problem is, not sure if it's doable...

Another thing I would dearly like to see, is the ability to veiw the alert mobs or names, like in a pull down of some sort. (Say, specific to the zone you are in? And maybe a global, if you are tracking/wanting to track a PC) Maybe even a way to edit the alerts for a given zone. Since the filter file is currently nothing more than an appended text file with no delimiters, it would take a little revamping to get something like this going, but, we could edit the alerts on the fly, get the mob(s) on there on an individual basis and go...

Reason for this is, sometimes I hunt a zone in a group, and are looking for a specific mob or mobs. Other times I'm soloing the same zone and could care less if those same mobs are up, since I can't deal with them solo.

Phrede

cavemanbob
05-25-2003, 12:19 PM
The first one is already sort of in the CVS, the listbox is a docking closable control like the ones in visual studo. It's not totally fullscreen, but it might work better for you in that case.

The whole alert system has been a mess since day 1. At hte moment of course it's just a list of names in a text file with no specific zone stuff and no easy way to edit them. I am putting a alert manager window into the client, with support at first for just the huge mass. When I have time, I'm going to try to add zone specific alerts, but I don't know when I'll get to that offhand.