PDA

View Full Version : Help Please...Red Dot

MaxPayne02
06-01-2003, 08:43 AM
I know this is nto Help section...Just figured people would see it here since people only go to help section when they need it.

I have done everything on Installing Post. But when I put IP address and press go all I get is a Red dot.....what did I do wrong? how do I fix it? Thanks

cavemanbob
06-01-2003, 12:32 PM
I don't know exactly what the problem is yet. For anyone having this problem, try this server instead of the 1.9b one.

http://alteria.sf.net/myseqserevrc-1.9b-1.zip

Spook
06-03-2003, 06:05 PM
Synchronization issue. Generally can happen when you stop and restart the client and when the server starts before EQ. If caveman's new code doesn't help you, stop the server and client, start the server with EQ already running then start up the client.

Sorry, I haven't had the time to track it down.

GeoffreyF
06-04-2003, 05:46 PM
I'm having the same problem. I've followed the directions and have the correct directory structure. I also have the .Net Framework 1.1 installed as well as having rebooted afterwards.

I run the server first only when EQ is loaded and I'm actually in the zone. Then I run the client and click on the GO button. Both the server and the client are on the same machine. I have changed the options in the client for the ip address to be 127.0.0.1.

The server says:

Version 1.9b
Waiting for new connection...
found - pid = 3148

new connection from: 127.0.0.1

So I know it's connecting...however I only see a red dot and nothing else.

Any help is appreciated. BTW, I tried the link to the new code above but it didn't work.

cavemanbob
06-06-2003, 10:12 AM
Are you running win2k or XP o the EQ machine and if so, are you logged in as the administrator?

GeoffreyF
06-06-2003, 02:24 PM
I'm using Windows XP Pro. I just found out what the problem was a few minutes ago. Apparently the links in the directions post do not include the latest offsets. I found them in another post and once I put them in it started working.

magictiger
06-07-2003, 10:29 PM
Yes, this is definetly an offsets issue. Took me a LONG time to track down the cause :)
May 15th offsets are currently working properly, but we can expect that to change after the patch next week.

cavemanbob
06-07-2003, 11:53 PM
OK, this is causing problems for lots of people, so starting tomorrow whenever I happen to get up the newest offsets will be included with the newest server. I really should have done this earlier, but whatever, it's enough of an issue with the pitiful documentation that I've had time to provide. (Most of which is contributed and I am grateful for their contributions)

SeqTester
06-08-2003, 12:21 AM
or don't have the offset incuded at all with the server... instead have a link to a sticky post with them updated as needed.

Just my 2cp

cavemanbob
06-08-2003, 12:52 AM
Another excellent idea, I like that even better, I'll modify the server to inform the user to done so if they haven't already for the next release.

fizzlemaster
06-11-2003, 08:26 PM
could you please repost the 1.9b01 server, I'd like to give it a try to fix my red dot issue, (yea checked and rechecked the 6/11/03 offsets) sadly I don't have the setup to compile the server right now,

thanks