PDA

View Full Version : Constant overflow error.

Nova
06-13-2003, 01:29 AM
Hello,

I am continuously getting an error that has been stated in two other posts. I followed the directions of the sticky install instructions and am using the 6/11/03 offsets and have updated my video driver to the latest version. I am using Windows 98 SE and running the server and client on the same computer. I run everquest until the toon is in zone and then the server and then the client. The error occurs every time I zone. I will quit from the client then rerun it. At this point it will either work or generated the same error with a red cross. Zones that are working after the client is rerun after a zone in are WL, Kael, EW, GD, EF, Halas so far and zones that do not work are Trak and Seb so far (and other zones, but tested these many times). The same error occurs when I camp with the client running. Maybe that is a way to reproduce it. In addition to the main overflow error, about seven small screens appear stating "Invalid bodytype:111." The Microsoft .NET Framework reports Overflow error, details:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.OverflowException: Overflow error.
at System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status)
at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawLine(Pen pen, Single x1, Single y1, Single x2, Single y2)
at myseq.MapCon.Form1_Paint(Object sender, PaintEventArgs pe)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPaint(PaintEventArg s e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandlin g(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage (Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(M essage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
myseq
Assembly Version: 1.0.1221.41009
Win32 Version: 1.0.1221.41009
CodeBase: file:///C:/TEMP1/MYSEQ/MYSEQ.EXE
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.runtime.serialization.formatters.soap/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.runtime.serialization.formatters.soap.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.

cavemanbob
06-13-2003, 02:50 AM
OK, this is a definate rare problem then... What video card are you using? I really suspect this to be a clipping issue with some cards. It should be fixable, I hope. :)

Nova
06-13-2003, 07:24 PM
Hiya Cavemanbob,

Video card: Asus V9280/TD.
VGA Chipset: GeForce4 Ti 4200
Driver: Asus V9280 v43.45D
DirectX Version: 9.0a (4.09.0000.0901)

Nova
06-13-2003, 07:45 PM
This is the DirectX diagnostic file.

Dr_Madd
06-27-2003, 08:57 PM
I have the same issue. I posted under a different thread about 6/24/03 issue..

Going to try reinstalling .net.

MaDd

that didnt work...

Nova
06-28-2003, 08:59 PM
I unistalled the Asus drivers and installed with the lasted NVIDIA drivers, but the error still occurs. What operating system are you using, and are you using one machine? Trying to see how your setup compares.

cavemanbob
06-29-2003, 01:16 AM
This seems to happen most on the high end cards, definately the nvidia geforce 4's and I think someone said they were having problems with a ATI 9xxx card. I'll see if I can dig up any info about the changes they made with the newer cards, but I don't know when I'll have time, I've been quite busy with other stuff as of late unfortunately...

Dr_Madd
06-30-2003, 11:19 AM
Here is my dxdiag file. This isnt a high end video card box. This is my laptop. This laptop runs the client which gives the errors. Like I said everything was running perfect. Then all of a sudden the next day I fire it up and the errors start.

MaDd

Blind Aviator
07-08-2003, 12:12 PM
Cavemanbob just wanted to let you know I had a similar overflow error just a bit ago (for the first time)...

What caused mine to happen (am about 99% sure) is that I tried for the first time running Macroquest...
Seems that running Macroquest on same machine as server & at same time will cause the client to have a large red X through the center & get an Overflow crash error (similar to the one described in this thread)....

Dunno if that will help you track down the problem or not (or if it is even related to this problem)....
Just wanted to post this in hopes that it could help in some way...

Dr_Madd
07-08-2003, 01:19 PM
I get the large red X and overflow error. But I am running on two seperate computers.

I just rebuilt my laptop ( which runs client ) to XP. Will try again and see if this changes anything. Previously My laptop was 2k pro and server was running on 2k adv server.

MaDd

sauron
07-08-2003, 03:07 PM
FYI, I'm using a Geforce 4, and occasionly using a Geforce 3 for client, and never had this problem... Using latest NVidia drivers (May).

DaMule
07-09-2003, 10:13 AM
I've had this same problem with the last few versions of the client.

While I haven't fixed the problem per se, I have come up with a solution that make the app workable for me.

I commented out the line that draws ground spawns.

The line is in the MapCon class(aka the file MapCon.cs)
And in the Form1_Paint method.

Can't remember the line number off the top of my head, the code is at home. But it's pretty obvious by variable names in that you'r in the right area.

Hope this helps.

p.s. By doing this you won't get ground spawns displayed, but it's not a great loss in most cases.

p.s.s. I have this problem on Win98se using a GForce3 pro, a GForce2 or a ATI Radeon 128 Pro. .Net framework 1.1, all updates to Win98 etc..

doo
09-19-2003, 05:04 PM
any hope of an update on this problem ? if not thats cool i quess just been waiting to see if it was going to be fixed or not.

SchwannyT
09-25-2003, 01:16 PM
I have the EXACT same problem, I just removed the [Ground Spawn] section of my .ini file and everthing works fine again (of course exept the groundspawn info). Alerts, tracking, maps, everything else works great.

Thanks to DaMule for giving me the idea. Now I can get back to my true love of pissing druids off in RM cause I can get there first :)

cavemanbob
09-27-2003, 10:18 AM
That's odd, I suppose it could be caused by drawing the little X's. I still don't fully understand why this exception gets thrown in the first place, but I think it's due to drawing them too far off the edge of the surface, which messes up some cards.

slartibartfast
09-29-2003, 04:54 AM
I managed to stop the client crashing when using a server running on win 98/ME by writing some functions to do the drawing with try catches round them, then converting all the

g.DrawEllipse(..), g.DrawLine(...)
to
DrawEllipse(...), DrawLine(...)
etc

- It stops the crashes but the real problem is that the server sends invalid mob + item packets when running on 98. It normally only happens to me when i zone, but apparently it happens to others more regularly.

- you get packets with mob locations like x=1.3x10exp38, y=-3.8x10exp27, which crashes the client when running on either 98 or xp.