PDA

View Full Version : Unable to run client

Bankshot
06-13-2003, 09:27 PM
I'm using two computers, both running windows 2000 with SP3 and .NET installed. I've set up one to run the server and EQ, the other to run the client, per the instructions on the general thread, with the 6/11/03 offsets loaded. When I attempt to run the client I get the following error:

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled
Process id = 0x524 (1316), Threadid = 0x630 (1584)

If I hit cancel to debug it tells me
Registerd JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resultied in an error code of 0x2 (2). Please check computer settings

cordbg.exe !a 0x340

What should I do next to determine where the incompatibility lies?

cavemanbob
06-14-2003, 12:45 AM
I've had it do this on my second machine which runs win2k, but I have no idea why it happens. Restarting the comp is the only way I've found to fix for that particular case, but the underlying problem is unfortunately a complete mystery to me...

Bankshot
06-14-2003, 11:37 AM
I rebooted, and now the error is as follows:

Process id = 0x4dc (1244), Thread id = 0x48c (1164).

Is there any additional information I could provide? If I could find a JIT debugger would that help?

gonecrazy
06-17-2003, 10:19 AM
I did a little bit of research into this. What i can find is that it is a problem with the .net framework or a class that your computer dosn't have.
If you haven't allready i would remove the .net framework and reinstall it.

You can download the .net framework sdk here (http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9B3A2CA6-3647-4070-9F41-A333C6B9181D&displaylang=en) it includes a debuger that should tell you what is causing the message.

Also just in case you need it here is a link to the page on how to use the debugger. here (http://www.vbcentral.net/quickstart/aspplus/doc/debugcomsdk.aspx)

Bankshot
06-17-2003, 08:41 PM
I de-installed .net, rebooted, redownloaded, reinstalled, rebooted, and it ran just fine! So you were correct - it must have been something corrupt in my .net install. Thanks for the diagnosis and directions.