PDA

View Full Version : ItemsAddr

Mr. Suspicious
06-15-2003, 02:40 PM
is this correct?

ItemsAddr=7737268

I was expecting to see something at that adress. However, there's nothing but Hx00000000 to be seen there. Never changes either. Thought it should hold the adress of the first item structure (like SpawnHeaderOffest) Perhaps I am misunderstanding it.

lostinspace
06-16-2003, 10:33 AM
It is not pointer on list of player items, it is pointer on list of items on ground (ground spawns). So if you are in zone without groundspawns (most zones are like that unless some player drop something), you will get nil pointer at that adress (0x00).

KnightMax
06-16-2003, 05:08 PM
Is there a way to see the items on a mob in myshoweq. I though showeq did this.

cavemanbob
06-16-2003, 06:45 PM
Not at the current time. The information is available to the server, but it isn't sent for now at least.

Mr. Suspicious
06-17-2003, 04:32 AM
It is not pointer on list of player items, it is pointer on list of items on ground (ground spawns). So if you are in zone without groundspawns (most zones are like that unless some player drop something), you will get nil pointer at that adress (0x00).

Ahhhhh Ok =) Makes perfect sence now. Anyone have, perchance, the adress of the "item structure" adress register (like SpawnHeaderOffset, but then for Items on character/mob corpse/merchant/item links* ~ any and/or)?

cavemanbob
06-17-2003, 11:03 AM
Grab the MQ.h file from macroquest and look at the _SPAWNINFO structure, it has the location and format of that structure in it.

Jimini
06-17-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by cavemanbob
Not at the current time. The information is available to the server, but it isn't sent for now at least.

I am a little dubious of this. Mobs weild their loot. Whether their model can use the item model or not. On an AoW kill, I was bugged, and AoW had the human model. And he was wielding 2 BoC's and had the Helm on. Sure enough, that's what dropped.

So yeah, dunno what is sent, but something is.

sauron
06-17-2003, 11:36 PM
The server DOES send the equipment of what the mob is wearing / holding, but not the usual hidden "Loot" that he is carrying (like, say, a "High Quality Bear Pelt" would not be sent until you actually loot the corpse). And it doesn't send specifics on equipment. Just the model for it. So ususally this equipment info isn't too useful. But you could do things like zone into Kedge, and see if Phinny is holding a staff. You wouldn't know which staff it was (Mage or Wizzy), but you'd know it was one of the two.

Sauron

GD_EQ
06-24-2003, 02:13 PM
Is there a way for MySEQ to have the names, rather than the ACTOR_DEF names it uses now?

I'm thinking along the lines of how MQ did it, where once you picked it up, it knew what it was from then on.