PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone explain how to do filters Please in simple terms ?

Phat_Lewtz
06-19-2003, 01:28 AM
Hey folks

I run seq np and I go to a zone and i find the mobs i want to hunt in the show all section
then i click on them and press add filter and add them to alert
this is ok till i have killed them all but it doesn't automatically pick up new ones that spawn : (

What do I have to do to have the crap filtered out and my mobs visible on the map as soon as they pop ?

Example all panthers and haze panthers in WL nothing else just these mobs Can it be done ?

Thanks

Phat_Filters

user387
06-19-2003, 02:21 AM
sure. can be done.

once you press add, check WHAT it'g gonna add, and remove the obvious stuff like level, location, guild and all other things you don't want to filter on.

and don't forget to save your filters.

ThanosOfTitan
06-19-2003, 08:30 AM
In the case of haze panthers you'd want to add them to the Hunt catagory, it would probably make it easiest to track them down.

The key is to trim down the entry as you add it in, when you go to add the item all the info like it's current location are there which you won't want.

An example of that zone's filter is over in a filters section post:filters_wakinglands.conf (http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=5071#post5071)

Dedpoet
06-19-2003, 12:01 PM
It may be easier for you to follow if you do it manually. On the Filters menu, pick Edit Filters. That will give you a little text editor window with the filter file in it. Scroll down to the category you want. Use the hunt section if you want them to flash and have a line drawn to them, use the alert section if you want Seq to beep. Under the appropriate section, add a line that says:

Name:Lord Nagafen
Name:haze panther, a
Name:other mob you want to hunt, an

Make sure to put them in exactly how they show up in the spawn list, including capitalization and the # if it's there. Then click on save, close the text editor, then either hit F3 or click Reload Filters on the Filters menu. You'll be all set.

Once you figure things out, you can get fancier and hunt by level, race, class, or anything else Seq can see.

Phat_Lewtz
06-20-2003, 07:25 PM
Thanks so much Guys : )

All your answers were excellent and they work wonderfull

I spent 5 hours non stop in WW killing mobs and only ran out of mobs at the end : )

then went to WL and did the same it was a bit easier.

Snare a panther use inate camo run to the next one ETC till i had all 15 panthers on snare and in a big group then i let them have it with PBAOE Catastrophe 3 hits 20% mana worth and all 15 panthers were dead : )

Yahoo thats what i call faming : )

SEQ ROCKS
SEQ USERS who help others are the BEST

I am really happy

Phat