PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong???

Scorpius
06-24-2003, 09:28 AM
Very strange...

D/Led all files...

MySEQ Server on EQ box (Win XP Professional, completely updated via Windows Update (no updates available) .NET 1.1 installed). Directory installed is C:\SEQ Server

MySEQ Client on Monitor box (Win XP Professional, completely updated via Windows Update (no updates available). .NET 1.1 installed). Directory installed is C:\SEQ Client

Maps D/Led, unzipped, all maps placed in the C:\SEQ Client\Maps directory of the Monitor box.

IP address of EQ box entered into C:\SEQ Client on the Monitor box.

By all accounts, and what I've read... this should be working. And it is, kinda...

Problem: Server loads, Client loads, I see MOB's and the map itself is... well... sorta loaded...

Example: In the PoK... I can see the lables for the stones and such... but don't see the walls...

However, in say North Qeynos... I see the walls and such... but no labels...

Also, when zoning... Client takes quite awhile to load up... sometimes as long as 30 sec's. Now, having used MySEQ in the dark months while ShowEQ was down and MySEQ was created, I don't seem to remember it taking that long. As a matter of fact... It seemed pretty fast.

Then I thought... Oh... maybe the Offsets are wrong. So I copied the offsets, pasted them into the C:\SEQ Server\myseqserver notepad... same thing, same problem.

Question: What am I doing wrong??? Am I doing anything wrong??? Is there a problem with the maps???

Any suggestions guys???

Scorpius

z26o
06-24-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Scorpius
Example: In the PoK... I can see the lables for the stones and such... but don't see the walls...

However, in say North Qeynos... I see the walls and such... but no labels...
That almost sounds like Depth Filter is on in the Option menu.

Not sure about the slow loading on zone. What is the update delay set to in the options dialog box? Default is 250, you might try playing with that.

Are you using 1.13 / 1.9b?

Scorpius
06-24-2003, 03:37 PM
Yeah, using the latest Server 1.9b and Client 1.13.

I'll try messing with the settings you suggested and see if that works.

Thanks for the advice z26o

Scorpius