PDA

View Full Version : Problems with 1.13 Client

Phrede
06-26-2003, 02:53 PM
Ok, at first I had a problem with the 1.13 client showing every mob/PC as an alerted one. After posting about it, and getting the fix (putting the 1.12 filter.conv file in) I have fixed that problem, but now encountered another one.

I'm running the client on a 166 mHz laptop with 80 mByte ram running Win 98 SE. The .net framework is installed as well as the magic dll's.

The error I have is, any time I try to manipulate the mob list (either move it, change sorts, scroll, change the mobs reported or corpses or PC's in options, etc.) the client locks up completely. Very frustrating, to say the least. I've moved back to the 1.12 client to continue using MySEQ.

Since it LOCKS up there is no debug information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Phrede

gonecrazy
06-29-2003, 11:04 AM
I havn't tried the 1.13 client on my win98 machine yet, but on a slow winxp machine (pent 333 64mb of ram) where the 1.12 client worked ok (slow sometimes) the 1.13 client seems to be about twice as slow, and takes almost 2min to get info after a zone. I am thinking that the 1.13 code is taking a little more proccesser power, so the lockups your seeing might just be it dying becouse its underpowered.

If anyone else has any thoughts on this or experiances i would love to hear them. I havn't had time to compare how much the code has changed to see if this is the reason or not yet.

cavemanbob
06-29-2003, 11:50 AM
I think I accidently put a debug exe in the ip now that I think about it, I'll put up a new one up shortly.

tzFatCat
07-03-2003, 03:20 PM
First of all: Thanks for taking the time to write this software.

Same problem as original poster.
Often the client just locks up. This occurs usually when i try to click on anything in the list view, or if i scale the client window. Infact, the client eventually locks after 1minute or so of running. This is on a WinME machine with .Net 1.1 distrubitions and a clean install. 1.12 doesnt seem so sensitive. :confused:

Also, if I zone while the client is actively parsing information, I get a truckload of popupwindows and a crash.

tzFatCat
07-03-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by tzFatCat
First of all: Thanks for taking the time to write this software.

Same problem as original poster.
Often the client just locks up. This occurs usually when i try to click on anything in the list view, or if i scale the client window. Infact, the client eventually locks after 1minute or so of running. This is on a WinME machine with .Net 1.1 distrubitions and a clean install. 1.12 doesnt seem so sensitive. :confused:

Also, if I zone while the client is actively parsing information, I get a truckload of popupwindows and a crash.

just fyi, the message box popups say:
"Invalid bodytype:111". The client still runs underneath all of the message boxes, however, as soon as i hit ok on one of them, a GPF occurs and the client exits.

This problem is easy toreproduce in version 1.12 (13 locks up on me so i use 1.12).

This happens whenever i zone. To get around it(if i remember to do so), i hit STOP, zone, then hit GO