PDA

View Full Version : Edited Version of MySEQ

netonim
06-29-2003, 01:55 AM
First of all, this is my first time programming or even seeing C-Sharp, so if I didn't somehow bundle it correctly, im sorry. You should be able to compile it yourself anyways (check for viruses) or whatever.

Anyways, I recently used SEQ and wanted to incorporate some of those things into MySEQ.

http://members.cox.net/netonim/myseq.zip

Some of the things I did

- Made "match full text" work right~
- Changed the running name of the program (paranoid :-P)
- Changed filters, each zone has its own filter in the /filter file, automatically creates one if it does not exist
- 3 Different types of Filters, Hunt, Caution, Rare.
- - - Hunt: Mobs shows up with yellow ring around them
- - - Caution: Mobs show up with flashing line between you and the mob (use on traps and see-invis mobs)
- - - Rare: Mobs show white flashing ring around them
- 3 Different options for "match full text" (for all 3 diff filters)
- IF prefix *** is enabled it shows *H* / *C* / *R* , respectively
- Added Affix (sp?) *** so you could sort alphabetically but still tell if its hunt rare or caution~
- Added zone name in the lower right corner
- Because of the new filters for each zone, "add mob" and "load filter.conf" has been removed, and one link has been added that opens the filter file right in notepad to be edited, be sure to reload alerts after saving
- Allowed comments in .conf filter files ( #'s )

I think thats it, I lost track after a while.

Sorry if the code is messy etc etc I really have never touched c-sharp. Just started messing with it today to fit my own needs and figured someone may want it.

Yrvaken
06-29-2003, 04:19 AM
Thanks Netonim. Gona check it out now
:)

sauron
06-30-2003, 12:18 PM
Got it running -- looks great! I am going to test the new filters (and new on-screen line/flash stuff) now. I sure hope Cavemanbob will also check these new features out, and get them into the normal build.

The only feature I like from SEQ that hasn't made it in yet is the "Find" textbox. That was neat to be able to pop in something like "spider|lion" to get spiders and lions to flash. Also had a pulldown selector to just show "Map found" mobs on mob list.

Oh, and I suppose the mob timer code was nice. That would show a little plus-sign where mobs spawn, and it would predict their spawn time. The plus-sign would flash and change color when the mob was about to spawn. Also you could hover the mouse over it to see the countdown timer until it spawns.

Thanks for the great new features Netonim. Also thanks again Cavemanbob for the awesome program, and time spent updating!

GD_EQ
06-30-2003, 12:54 PM
Aside from needing to put in the Level Con changes, this is pretty nice!

BTW, don't use the avoid filters in a zone like The Grey that has somewhere around 100 traps, the lines fill the screen and make it hard to see anything else, lol.

One thing i'd love to see implemented is the ability to use " ' and , " in filter names so the filter can be a little more precise on getting mobs like Ston'Ruak, Ancient of Trees, instead of a PC named Stoner, etc.

Or hey, the ability to right click a mob in the mob list and select if you want to put it in the filter list and which alert to use.

cavemanbob
06-30-2003, 01:21 PM
I'll add the changes as soon as I get the chance.

Phrede
06-30-2003, 02:53 PM
I like the different filters for each zone, but I'm curious if there is a way to do a global filter for ALL zones. (Sorta like what the un-edited version had, to some extent) The reason I ask, is, there are some players I ALWAYS want to know where they are in the zone, relative to me. They've caused me problems in the past, and because of it, i don't want to lose track of where they are, ever, if in the same zone.

Also, the timer function would be WAY COOL! Maybe having that tied to an r-click in some manner, as well, so you kill the mob and r-click the corpse to set the timer from a menu.

And being able to r-click a mob's name and be able to add it to the alerts for the zone, with the appropriate alert selectable.

One other thing that others haven't mentioned, but I will, is a time clock some place on the program, one that gives both CURRENT and GAME times (if available)

I still think that having the ability to tie certain sounds to a given alert would be cool, too, or even using speech, where you can set the alert's text that's read when said mob pops.

All in all, this rre-write runs sweet for me, but is really slow updating the list or the mab if I try to change settings ont eh list, scroll or otherwise try to sort it. it's not TERRIBLY slow, but nothing like the 1.12 client was.

Phrede

shnauka
07-11-2003, 01:41 PM
LOL. After seeing your changes, I migrated MY changes into YOUR changes. It works REALLY nice. It adds wav file notifications based on warnings, hunts, etc..

Would you like me to post MY changes to yours here, email, etc?

cavemanbob
07-11-2003, 02:06 PM
Post it here, I'll add the changes into CVS this weekend if I have time.

shnauka
07-11-2003, 03:28 PM
Alrighty. I'll try to clean it up some this afternoon. Amungst the features I've added:

- ability to play an audio wav file on alerts. This is an either or. If beep on spawn is enabled, it will beep, OR play the audio file if one is configured.

- Flashing 'things'. The modified version allowed flashing lines to appear on warning mobs. I changed the code slightly to allow a timer to toggle every half a second the flash flag, so different code could be used to specify what to display, allowing things to 'flash'. In my code, hunt and Rares will flash.

Those will be in there for sure. The still playing with this afternoon stuff may not be feature complete, but would seperate the drawing code out, to allow people to customize what 'icon' would be used for a PC, NPC, drop, etc.. This would be done by adding a generic 'AddThing' (I need to REALLY change this to something meaningfull), that would take a parameter, allowing a user to select HOW something is displayed. Something along the lines of:

Display as: Triangle Square Circle X Sign
PC: x [] [] []
NPC: [] [] x []
Drop: [] [] [] x

I found I like the display behavior of ShowEQ, which displays corpses as empty squares, and players as filled in squares. also, invis mobs are currently square, which I dislike. This would allow an individual user to SELECT what display behavior to use. Perhaps a dropdown is a better idea.. You get point, though..

In my version, I made some changes to emulate ShowEQ behavior in my version for now, which you may NOT want to add to your own..

netonim
08-21-2003, 05:07 PM
Heres a compiled filter list from the past few months. Mostly focused on PoP zones

http://members.cox.net/netonim/myseq_filters.zip

Pit Boss
09-16-2003, 09:36 AM
I like this very much. The only problem I have is that everytime I zone I get an error box telling me that a map cannot be found even though the folder is where it says it can't find it. So I have to manually load the map everytime I zone. Anyway to fix this?

Never mind. Figured it out. It's working now

z26o
09-17-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Pit Boss
Never mind. Figured it out. It's working now Hey Pitt Boss, Mind sharing the solution so others that might use search can benifit?
Thanks ~z

Pit Boss
09-18-2003, 12:44 AM
Well since I am new to this I am not sure if I did it right. What I did was before I pressed the GO button. I loaded the map of the zone first. Then I pressed GO. I guess that way it knows where to go for maps after that. /shrug.

Also I found out that you can use the SOE maps. Just open it. And to see the map itself change the color of your background. This is truly great because I have a friend that painstakingly mapped every zone and they are great!

Pit Boss
09-18-2003, 07:05 PM
Ok. Strike that. I can't get it to work period. I get an unhandled error and have to hit the quit button

This is the error text:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at myseq.Form1.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr idEvent, IntPtr dwTime)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
myseq
Assembly Version: 1.0.1275.539
Win32 Version: 1.0.1275.539
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/myseq/myseq/myseq.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
MagicLibrary
Assembly Version: 1.7.4.0
Win32 Version: 1.7.4.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/myseq/myseq/MagicLibrary.DLL
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.runtime.serialization.formatters.soap/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.runtime.serialization.formatters.soap.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll

Ok. I figured out that somehow I had the wrong offsets. I placed the proper ones and all is up and running. If I want to use the maps my friend made I still have to load them manual but that's a small price to pay for excellent maps. She has even mapped the LDoN zones.