PDA

View Full Version : Intel Anypoint Home RF & ShowEQ

Harqster
01-21-2002, 10:14 AM
Would it be possible to setup showeq to work with EQ running on a computer which is connected to the internet via a wireless product such as Intel Anypoint? Currently my main EQ computer is networked with another computer via Intel Anypoint (a Home RF network adapter) to share a cable modem connection. Intel Anypoint does not support Linux. Would it be possible to get ShowEQ working with this setup (I would use a 133Mhz pentium laptop to run to linux), or would I need to find some other way of connecting to the internet?

lane
01-21-2002, 10:45 AM
Possibly the best way would be to place an Ethernet hub at the Cable Modem, then connect both the SEQ computer, and the "Main EQ" computer to that hub. The wireless you are using might (probably) be a bridge, in which case you would not be sending the EQ packets over it to the other computer to sniff.

Internet
to
Cablemodem
to
EthernetHub
to
Main EQ and SEQ

MainEQ
to
AnyPoint
to
Other Puter

This is similar to my setup, but my "main EQ" puter is on the wireless.

-Lane

Edit: Forgot to add the MainEQ puter thread.

NoLiving
01-26-2002, 08:02 AM
Wireless doesn't transmit data like ethernet does so unless the data is going to or from the wireless card, it doesn't get the data, so SEQ will not work with it.

S_B_R
01-26-2002, 09:11 AM
If you can put a hub after the cablemodem, before the Anypoint you'll be just fine.

Cable Modem
||
HUB
|| ||
SEQ Anypoint
||
Main EQ (and whatever else)

fee
01-26-2002, 11:45 AM
Assuming your wireless nic supports promiscuous mode, you could sniff other wireless cards. Apparently no all wireless nic's support it, but one worth owning would.

keeg
08-09-2002, 11:15 PM
Would this work??
I only have 56k connection

Phone line
||
Lin_showeq win_eq_box
|| ||
|| ||
|| ||
|| ||
|| ||
|| ||
|| ||
||
HUB
||
||
Wireless access point
~
~
~
Laptop

Under the above config would the Win box get the internet connection from the linux box?
and would the Laptop get the internet connection from the linux box also??

This is what I currently have

Phone line
||
Win_eq_box (internal 56k Modem-running ICS)
||
||
Wireless access point
~
~
~
Laptop

If there is a better way plz share it with me...

Thankx for the help
Keeg

Cleric
08-10-2002, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by keeg

Would this work??
I only have 56k connection

Phone line
||
Lin_showeq win_eq_box
|| ||
|| ||
|| ||
|| ||
|| ||
|| ||
|| ||
||
HUB
||
||
Wireless access point
~
~
~
Laptop

Under the above config would the Win box get the internet connection from the linux box?
and would the Laptop get the internet connection from the linux box also??

That is correct. The linux box would have a ppp type dial up via the modem, and then you could use it as a router for the other machines. The linux box would see all packets routed to your Win EQ box and youwould be set.