PDA

View Full Version : MySEQ on a PvP server?

Howdy
07-23-2003, 07:38 PM
Hi, is there any way to use MySEQ on a PvP server so that you can tell which team the other players are on by the color of their name in the mob list, or by a custom dot on the map for each team? I play on the Sullon Zek server and this would be really helpful there ;)

Thanks for any help,
Howdy

bazzman
07-25-2003, 04:45 AM
Just find there name on the mob list and look at what race they are. Takes 2 seconds if that. Diety thou could be a problem :D

JackOfAll
07-26-2003, 07:57 PM
Yeah it works too good on SZ. I have to say that it does give you a totally unfair advantage. I only used SEQ for farming and exploring or when I didn't want to get ganked. Besides, other players can tell quite easily if you're hunting them with SEQ.

my 2 cp

Howdy
07-28-2003, 08:25 AM
Yes, I know that it WORKS ... it WORKS on all servers.

My question is, is there a way to customize it so that when playing on Sullon Zek, which is a deity-based PvP system, to make the player icons (the little triangles) a different color based on which team the player is on, and to make the player names in the list the same color (just like SEQ does) so that you can tell by glancing at the screen who the enemy is ...

Understand? Is this possible anyone?

Thanks,
Howdy

shnauka
07-29-2003, 10:30 PM
It's quite possible. But some work would need to be done to identify where this information is stored, and to identify it differently on the MySEQ screen. Possible, but work would need to be done..

cavemanbob
07-30-2003, 02:51 AM
It's stored with the rest of the player data, AFAIK the macroquest board has a fairly complete mapping of the structure. I'm preparing for a move now, so I don't have time to deal with much myseq stuff for a while I'm afraid. :/

shnauka
07-30-2003, 10:38 AM
I'm going to take a peek in there. cavemanbob, does ANYONE else have any sort of checkin access or anything to the CVS archives? My version is now so heavily modded with 'ideas' I might just go back to the CVS version and do some reimplementing. Unfortionatly, it gets rather tough sometimes when someone makes a metrix crapton of changes to merge it into CVS, 'SPEC when not dealing with something like C where you could fairly easily diff top see the difference.