PDA

View Full Version : Placeholder KT in Kael just for SEQ?

t0lkien
07-31-2003, 08:48 PM
I just recently started using MySEQ, and upon zoning into Kael for the first time it showed King Tormax as being up (though level 50 and invisible). Of course he wasn't actually up in the zone. Is this something Sony has put in just to trap SEQ users?

Also, is the current version MySEQ easily detectable by Sony? I've heard it is (apparently Guides can get a list of processes running on a players computer).

Spaz
08-01-2003, 07:55 AM
That's probably a zone shouter or something. Many events have invisible mobs associated with them, as do traps, atmospherics ("This passage has seen a lot of use" type things).

elminster
08-01-2003, 09:00 AM
Usually I've found them to the the timer mobs... As soon as the real KT spawns, the invisible one disappears. Same thing with the Rhag's in Ssra, along with Emporer and Arch Lich. The invis ones spawn after the real mob dies, stays up for X amount of time, depawns, and then the real one pops again.

immortalsam
08-13-2003, 08:21 AM
Also, is the current version MySEQ easily detectable by Sony? I've heard it is (apparently Guides can get a list of processes running on a players computer).

guides cant do anything like this.. gm's might be able to, but it is illegal for them to do so. But then again, you click yes on their agreement that says they can ban ya for anything they feel like.
Is MySEQ detectable? YES.. can i get banned for using it? YES.. Should i use it then? thats up to you. its a risk everyone takes.