PDA

View Full Version : Ebonlore Guild - PVP, Raid, and Power Gaming

Volomon
08-04-2003, 05:50 PM
Ebonlore power gamer, pvp, and raid guild. With a long standing history, experience, and success we are looking to push forward to the very promising EQ2 coming out this year (hopefully). We are looking to start picking up members or even those who just want to chat with other people who will be making the leap to EQ2. We are an evil guild planning on going to whatever PvP servers that might pop up.

History:
Ebonlore has been around since 1997 for UO.
In EQ we played on Emarr (Ebonlore), Torv (BoW), and SZ (Hate).
Shadowbane.

We have a website which is currently being redone and will hopefully be up asap, Ebonlore (http://www.ebonlore.org). But for now how about visiting us on IRC (http://www.ebonlore.com/irc), server irc.stratics.com on channel #ebonlore.

Deminq
09-01-2003, 05:04 PM
Planning on pulling up shop and ebaying everything from under your members like you did in SB? just curious.

Poliarty
10-16-2004, 01:52 AM
I wanted to give some facts about Ebonlore and some of their policies. I was in their guild briefly and found out real quick what they were all about. These are just facts about them I have never been happier about my decision to leave.

I wanted to give some facts about Ebonlore and some of their policies. I was in their guild briefly and found out real quick what they were all about. These are just facts about them I have never been happier about my decision to leave.

First off you have to become a "trial applicant" nothing really odd about that. If you survive that phase then you are an "applicant", WTF! With no clear progression to membership. Also you have to be a member to get points on raids so there is a problem there. There is not raid attendance or anything other then kissing the leaderships behind to become a member.

They are indeed clear about being a cutthroat guild and make no bones about it. This isn’t a new concept there are several ultra hard core guilds out there. So be prepared for what you’re going into. This guild is nothing more then a set up for the guild leadership to get what they want. The membership base is nothing more then their peons and they will use you. If you like this master/slave relationship and hope for some crumbs to fall your way then by all means. You probably like being flogged and wearing a leash as well.

Also there is one more policy which makes little sense to me. There goal for membership is over 100. That’s not a big deal. But in order to use their premium services you have to pay $20 every 3 months. A tad steep don’t you think? Even if half paid up the fee that’s $1000 every 3 months! They need to shop around if their ISP and other services cost that much. I'm not apposed to fees I pay them myself but most of the fees are just to cover the cost of services and equipment not lines the leadership’s pockets.

These are just some details I want anyone interested in joining to be aware of before considering this guild.

Reputation might not matter to you but it does matter to everyone else.

Freakyuno
10-16-2004, 08:14 AM
I've had plenty of encounters with Ebonlore through my years of EQ, starting WAY, WAY back when I was in Kaos. (a real pvp guild that stretches across 6 games, and many, many years. 9 or 10 I think.)

They arent all that bad, as long as you look at them in the correct light. They are a super-hardcore cut-throat guild. Be ready for that. If your going to be one of thoes good natured pvp types, this isnt the place for you. This is the type of guild where being rude and ignorant furthers your status, and you have to stand up and take what you want to get anything. That being said, it's pretty common for a true pvp only guild to impose this type of population among their ranks. Dog eat Dog so to speak.

Just know what your getting into before you join them and think your going to have fun running around with friends pk'ing. Contention is the only real reward, and they thrive on it.